pino
PC Specification: AMD Athlon 3800+, ATI 4550, Windows 7

auto-hide mouse cursor?

Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:40 pm

Hi,

First of all, I really like your player. Looks nice, simple to use. I have a small problem or maybe it's a bug.
When playing full-screen the mouse cursor won't hide. Is this normal? Is there some way to configure this?

Thanks for your help!

Pino

Guillaume
PC Specification: C2D T8300@2.40GHz, nVidia8600M GT, W7x64

Re: auto-hide mouse cursor?

Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:21 pm

I have experienced similar problems. Even worse actually: sometimes it hides the mouse cursor when leaving full-screen mode! Only entering and then leaving full-screen mode again will cause the mouse cursor to reappear.

Ghost
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: dozens...

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:33 pm

pino wrote:Hi,
First of all, I really like your player. Looks nice, simple to use. I have a small problem or maybe it's a bug.
When playing full-screen the mouse cursor won't hide. Is this normal? Is there some way to configure this?
Thanks for your help!
Pino
Mouse cursor should auto hide on timeout when mouse does not move.
Do you experience this problem all the time or does it sometimes autohide in fullscreen?
Guillaume wrote:I have experienced similar problems. Even worse actually: sometimes it hides the mouse cursor when leaving full-screen mode! Only entering and then leaving full-screen mode again will cause the mouse cursor to reappear.
Does it happen with Lite 1.2 version?
Does it happen only when cursor was hidden in fullscreen?
Mirillis Team Member

Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis
Mirillis News Feed:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/mirillisfeed

Guillaume
PC Specification: C2D T8300@2.40GHz, nVidia8600M GT, W7x64

Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:06 pm

Yes this was in v1.2 on Windows 7 x64. The mouse didn't hide itself in the full-screen mode, so I pressed Enter to exit full-screen (in order to try it again by pressing Enter), but then I saw that the mouse was hidden in windowed mode. Fyi, the last 10 times I started Splash it consistently fails to hide the cursor.

pino

Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:20 am

Mouse cursor should auto hide on timeout when mouse does not move.
Do you experience this problem all the time or does it sometimes autohide in fullscreen?
Hi Ghost,

Thanks for your reply. It happens all the time, no exceptions. When I play a movie with subtitles in a .srt file I use splash, because it's really easy to add the subs. I have to move the mouse cursor all the way to the right, so it's almost out of sight. At the end of the movie it's still there and it does'nt sometimes autohide. Hope this will help you.. ;)

Greets, Pino

irri
PC Specification: Core 2 Duo 6600, ATI 4870 512 Mb, Win 7

Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:07 pm

I 've been experiencing the same thing and I found out that it only happens when I use a higher DPI setting (over 150 dpi).
Hope this helps...

pino

Re: auto-hide mouse cursor? Solution/bug found!

Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:49 pm

irri wrote:I 've been experiencing the same thing and I found out that it only happens when I use a higher DPI setting (over 150 dpi).
Hope this helps...
Hi irri,

Thanks for your reaction. I tried that, but it didn't help. It made me think though... I use my pc on a 42 inch Panasonic Full HD screen. For that reason I enlarged my Desktop (in the Control Panel) from 100% to 150% so I could operate my pc from the couch :lol: . When I put it back to standard the problem is gone.

So, there's a little bug. By use of an enlarged desktop the mouse-cursor doesn't hide in my case. Can anyone try this?
Maybe it's just my problem. @ Ghost: Hope this helps!

Greets, Pino

Ghost
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: dozens...

Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:25 pm

Guys, thank you very much for your precious feedback! :)
This will help us a lot with problem investigation.
Mirillis Team Member

Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis
Mirillis News Feed:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/mirillisfeed

pbrigido
PC Specification: AMD Reagor 2.5GHZ ATI Radeon 4200, W7 64

Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:47 pm

I would also like to thank the developers for such a great media player. Using only a ATI Radeon 4200, 1080 playback is quick and virtually CPU free!

I am also having the same problem. The mouse remains on the screen regardless of what file format is being played or how long the mouse is inactive. Here are my specs...not sure if that will help with the research.

AMD Reagor 250
ATI Radeon 4200
WD 1TB Green HD
HDMI out w/ TosLink Optical
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

Here is a quick work around. Find a freeware program that allows you to create your own mouse cursors and make on that is mostly black. It does become hard to track with dark backgrounds obviously, but it is completely hidden when Splash Lite 1.2 is running full screen. Since I use it to play media on my HTPC, I really don't need a standard cursor....but for someone who is using it as their main PC, you may just want to avoid my suggestion.

irri
PC Specification: Core 2 Duo 6600, ATI 4870 512 Mb, Win 7

Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:06 am

Hi again guys,
I think the solution was there all along. Just right click on the program's icon, go to compatibility and tick "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings". Worked like a charm for me.

Return to “Splash Lite (free)”