ajck
PC Specification: Windows 7

Can't get to work for standard users - only admin

Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:13 pm

I work in a school setting. I have some faculty that really like Splash Lite and want to use it. I've installed it. It runs fine if the users right click the exe and run as Administrator, but when running the application as a standard user this message box displays:
[CRITICAL ERROR] Failed to initialize product. Please try re-installing. I have re-installed. I have given the users full security rights to the program files\mirillis directory and to anything Mirillis in the registry that I can find. I have also tried installing logged in as an administrator and logged in as the user that wants to use the Splash Lite (Free).

Is this program only able to run from an administrator account? Any suggestions?

radi
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: i7-3610QM, 8GB RAM, GTX 660M

Re: Can't get to work for standard users - only admin

Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:10 pm

Have you tried installing it on normal user also?
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

Benjamin-in-FL
PC Specification: Windows 7 SP1

Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:15 am

Downloaded Splash Lite 1.8.0.0 Installer from Mirillis. Have two laptops: Acer running Windows Vista SP2 and Thinkpad running Windows 7 SP1. The first install goes smoothly in Admin on each and works. Switching to standard user account and activating, of course it doesn't run, gives error "Failed to initalize product. Please try reinstalling". Went trhough install procedures again on this user account, installs smoothly, but unpon activation again same error on both. Tried uninstalling in standard user and reinstalling. Again everything went smoothly. Again, with activation, same error. Checking Windows application event logs, no errors recorded. Help - Please advise!!?? Thank you for your anticipated prompt response to my thorny problem!
Benjamin :roll:

vkam
PC Specification: Windows 7

Tue May 07, 2013 1:57 pm

I run home theater PC under a regular user, not admin for security reason.
The player needs to support this configuration

SapelkinPJ
PC Specification: windows 7

Cant get to work for standard users only admin

Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:08 am

SWEET Im gonna try this one right away
Thank you so much for all your hard work.

Ill comment in a few days after I get a few hours of flying time in.

Return to “Splash Lite (free)”