traitor
PC Specification: Core2Duo, GF9600 and Vista

E-AC3 for Splash Lite?

Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:04 am

Hi, I have a question about eac3 audio. Some tv channels in my country have eac3 audio and splash lite doesn't play it.
I have seen in "mirillis codecs" topic that eac3 is under development.

Will it be available in Splash Lite?
Thanks

Ghost
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: dozens...

Re: E-AC3 for Splash Lite?

Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:56 am

Hi and welcome to our forum!

Actually E-AC3 development is finished but it won't be included yet in upcoming Splash Lite 1.1.
At the moment we do not know if it will be available in next free Splash Lite versions.
It will depend on the license agreement with Dolby.
We will publish more info in this topic as soon as possible.
Mirillis Team Member

Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis
Mirillis News Feed:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/mirillisfeed

traitor
PC Specification: Core2Duo, GF9600 and Vista

Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:01 pm

olivier

Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:57 pm

Hello ,
I am in the same case.In my country 3 TV channels use E-AC3 audio for the HD stream.
Actually E-AC3 development is finished but it won't be included yet in upcoming Splash Lite 1.1.
Splash is out on v 1.3 and it don't play E-AC3. Too bad Splash Lite does not read the E-AC3 decoding because the H264 is perfect

It's possible to use an external filter ? :idea: :?:
We will publish more info in this topic as soon as possible
Is there news about the E-AC3 or AC3 + in Splash Lite?

pierrez
PC Specification: WinXP SP3, E6300 DualCore, ATI HD2400

Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:14 am

First off, thanx a lot for a great product, maybe the only one to deliver such a nice HD picture thru full hardware decoding (CPU hovering around a mere 5%) , kudos! :)

This just to add to previous posts, in fact I suspect I must live in the same country as Olivier above, anyway the impossibility to decode E-AC3 with Splash reduces its usage here to practically zero for HD viewing, which is a shame...

I obviously understand the issues you guys might have with Dolby in terms of licensing E-AC3 decoding.

If that continues to be the case however, may I kindly suggest that you add support for external audio decoders (such as the all mighty ffdshow ^^) in the Splash product? This would really go a long way towards usability of this top notch media player (fantastic video quality really - but poor audio, alas! :mrgreen:).

Kind regards.

olivier

Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:31 pm

Hello pierrez,
If that continues to be the case however, may I kindly suggest that you add support for external audio decoders (such as the all mighty ffdshow ^^)
Seen little of interest of this subject being to give that there is no answer at the end of week.
I have to uninstall Splash Lite and I is of use to me as Pouchin mod TV for TV + ffdshow tryout and Windows Media Player + ffdshow to read it flows HD and SD under XP SP3.

If splash lite decode a day e-ac3 can be that I would make out a will but not on.

pierrez
PC Specification: WinXP SP3, E6300 DualCore, ATI HD2400

Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:37 pm

Salut Olivier,

tu utilises google translation pour écrire tes posts en anglais...? :mrgreen:

Anywayz, be patient my friend, software dev is not an easy task, Mirillis is offering a nice free platform for playing HD content and that's no easy task. Although, in this case it's more of a patent issue than a technical one apparently, and it's a bit disconcerting that it's taking so long to get resolution... :(

I'm going to give a try to MPC-HC with DXVA, found a tutorial on how to do it - but I know it's going to be a pain in the neck to get it work (if it ever does), far more complicated than installing and running Splash Lite. :?

Return to “Splash Lite (free)”