Ghost
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: dozens...

Re: Splash Lite 1.4

Thu May 20, 2010 4:10 pm

VC-1 dxva is not available in Lite 1.4.
Best Quality moved to Playback options window (press "o").
Will reply for all posts later. Thank for your feedback.
Mirillis Team Member

Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis
Mirillis News Feed:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/mirillisfeed

vivan
Expert User
PC Specification: Acer Aspire TimelineX 3830TG

Thu May 20, 2010 6:54 pm

About the translation.
It's very nice although there little mistakes. Even not mistakes but inaccuracy.

Code: Select all

Eng: Check for updates
Rus: Проверить наличие обновлений -> Проверять наличие обновлений.
The first means to check for update once. Like "Check for update".

Eng: Tuner/TV
Rus: Тюнер/TV -> Тюнер/ТВ

Eng/Rus: SmartSeek (PRO)
I don't know... In russian it should be something like "Умная перемотка". But I dont't know what is it exactly :)
If it some new technology (like Picture2) maybe it's better not to translate it. Or translate them all.

Eng: Change preset
Rus: Изменить пресет -> Выбрать пресет
First means - to change preset. But it should be something like - switch preset to other; choose preset
The same with playlist. Изменить список -> выбрать список.

About playlist... maybe it's better to use "Плейлист" instead of "Список воспроизведения".
Like "Новый список" -> "Новый плейлист"; "Временный список" -> "Временный плейлист" and so on.

Eng: Clear playlist
Rus: "Удалить все файлы" -> "Очистить плейлист" ("Очистить список").
First means - delete all files. Kinda scary option :D

Eng: Length
Rus: "Время" -> "Продолжительность".
First means - just "time".

Eng: Auto
Rus: "Автоматическое" -> "Автоматический".

Eng/Rus: Video overlay -> "Видео оверлей".

Eng: 16:9 video
Rus: "16:9  видео" -> "16:9 видео"
Double space ;)

Eng/Rus: Cinematic
Maybe it's better to translatate as "Кинематографическое" or "2.35:1 кинематографическое"

Eng: Automatically load subtitle from file
Rus: "Автоматическое включение субтитров из файла" -> "Автоматическая загрузка субтитров из файла"

And warning, when change language should be better be "Приложению нужен перезапуск для принятия изменений"

Rus: "Тип потока" -> "Тип контейнера"
Rus: "Видео битрейт: Недоступный" -> "Битрейт видео: Недоступен"
Rus: "Тип Аудио" -> "Тип аудио"
Desktop (Intel i7-970, ATI 5870, Windows 7 x64)
Acer Aspire TimelineX 3830TG (Intel i5-2410M, nVidia GT540M, Windows 7 x64)
PS Vita, Nokia N8

Michael
PC Specification: Celeron D, Intel Extreme Graphics 2, XP

Splash Lite 1.4 automatic file associations

Thu May 20, 2010 8:32 pm

I am so upset (angry) I could spit!! Why in the world did you incorporate automatic (i.e. no user choice) file associations in version 1.4? You had a perfectly great HD media player and then you went ahead and ruined it! I won't use the new version just in spite, and would recommend to all others to do the same, boycotting your underhanded and devious (there is no warning about this during installation) overthrow of existing file associations. At the very least you should have offered the user the choice of which extensions to have associated with Splash, but to do it without asking is inexcusable.

Oh, I may be among the first to complain about this, but I certainly won't be the last. This is irresponsible programming. I hope the decision to do this ends up biting you in the butt.

Delerue

Re: Splash Lite 1.4 automatic file associations

Thu May 20, 2010 9:46 pm

Michael wrote:I am so upset (angry) I could spit!! Why in the world did you incorporate automatic (i.e. no user choice) file associations in version 1.4? [...] At the very least you should have offered the user the choice of which extensions to have associated with Splash, but to do it without asking is inexcusable.
Agreed completely.

BDX
PC Specification: SU7300, GMA 4500MHD, Windows 7 x64

Fri May 21, 2010 7:56 am

Ghost wrote:Today :)

partially...
Splash Lite 1.4 installer assoccs video files by default (unfortunately we cannot change this with current installer software but will change it in the future).
Supported video files have individual icons.
This is the excuse. I think no associations is better than forced associations.

Sunrise
PC Specification: i7 920@4GHz, 6GB, GTX260-216, Vista x64

Fri May 21, 2010 10:29 am

Hi mirillis team,

I was a little hesitant at first, but I just gave Lite 1.4 a go and I must say that I am extremely impressed with it. Everything (SD or HD) just worked, I didn´t even have to look at the player´s settings! I am simply astounded with the good and smooth picture out of the box and it´s compatibility with various containers and their codecs (both video and audio).

E.g. I could play one VC-1 files that always has been very problematic with various other player, codec and splitter combinations I´ve tested without having to configure anything at all. Now, the CPU usage with Splash is nothing short of unbelievable. I couldn´t believe that it plays back this particular file with 4-8% CPU load (GPU decoding not active!) with very smooth pans and great quality @ 59.94Hz/60Hz display refresh. Even LPCM audio works like a charm (your stream switcher rocks). I really am anxious to try out your 24p-60p conversion feature with the PRO version.

I think that I will buy your player just to support you, because this is the first player that is rather small (10MB), extremely efficient, has great image quality, great compatibility and some features which sets it apart (if they work as advertised that is). And please include manual file associations with the next version, this is a must. Thanks.

Ghost
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: dozens...

Fri May 21, 2010 10:52 am

Michael wrote:I am so upset (angry) I could spit!! Why in the world did you incorporate automatic (i.e. no user choice) file associations in version 1.4? You had a perfectly great HD media player and then you went ahead and ruined it! I won't use the new version just in spite, and would recommend to all others to do the same, boycotting your underhanded and devious (there is no warning about this during installation) overthrow of existing file associations. At the very least you should have offered the user the choice of which extensions to have associated with Splash, but to do it without asking is inexcusable.

Oh, I may be among the first to complain about this, but I certainly won't be the last. This is irresponsible programming. I hope the decision to do this ends up biting you in the butt.
Delerue wrote:
Agreed completely.
BDX wrote: This is the excuse. I think no associations is better than forced associations.
Guys, my fault. There is a bug in Lite 1.4 installer. During installation should appear a dialog asking about file assoccs.
It does not appear at all. We are very sorry and working now to fix this.
Mirillis Team Member

Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis
Mirillis News Feed:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/mirillisfeed

Terry
PC Specification: i5-2500, HD5750

Fri May 21, 2010 11:04 am

Michael wrote:...
"In the butt" :lol:

Thats not a good idea to associate files by default without any prompt ...but thats not a such a big deal coz it's only about 10 file types?

Anyway good to see next version of Lite and still waiting for PRO!

denleon
PC Specification: amd sempron si-40,radeon hd3200,vista

Fri May 21, 2010 12:02 pm

Sunrise wrote:E.g. I could play one VC-1 files that always has been very problematic with various other player, codec and splitter combinations I´ve tested without having to configure anything at all. Now, the CPU usage with Splash is nothing short of unbelievable. I couldn´t believe that it plays back this particular file with 4-8% CPU load (GPU decoding not active!)
i7?Try it with Sempron :lol:.100% cpu load without dxva.Cyberlink videodec works not worse at list and no problem with gpu acceleration.

Sunrise
PC Specification: i7 920@4GHz, 6GB, GTX260-216, Vista x64

Fri May 21, 2010 12:41 pm

denleon wrote:
Sunrise wrote:E.g. I could play one VC-1 files that always has been very problematic with various other player, codec and splitter combinations I´ve tested without having to configure anything at all. Now, the CPU usage with Splash is nothing short of unbelievable. I couldn´t believe that it plays back this particular file with 4-8% CPU load (GPU decoding not active!)
i7?Try it with Sempron :lol:.100% cpu load without dxva.Cyberlink videodec works not worse at list and no problem with gpu acceleration.
Sure, but read what Ghost posted. VC-1 DXVA has been removed in Lite 1.4. Just buy the PRO version soon and you have VC-1 DXVA again and you even get DXVA for MPEG2. :)

If you´re just using Cyberlink´s codecs you will of course have some fexibility, but it´s also an unfair comparison, because Mirillis gives you a complete player package and it works out of the box. Second, I really like how fast and intuitive the GUI of Splash is so I won´t even bother with PowerDVD anymore (it´s bulky, if installed completely, and that´s the purpose of a complete player package, isn´t it?). ;)

Return to “Splash Lite (free)”