hellcry

Subtitle Feature Request

Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:09 pm

Well let me start with is the coolest player i sow until now and is free, i relay like it!

Still it have one major problem:

* Subtitles diacritic characters

Yah i know it can be done if i change language in task bar but the problem is i don't want Romanian language installed on windows i just want player to be able to display CE diacritics. Like BS.Player or Mediaplayer Classic etc. I hope i was explicit enough i am not so good on writing in English.

If u add that i am sure a lot more ppl will use this software.

ionutph
PC Specification: Intel I5 2500K, 560 Ti, 4Gb XP SP3

Re: Subtitle Feature Request

Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:52 pm

In BsPlayer the subtitle text encoding is Central European. In my Splash Player 1.4.3 at encoding option apear "system default " only (if menu option is avaible I think in future more styles will be added).
I can see special caracters (romanian) : Ă ă Ş ş Ţ ţ Î î â in Splash but I have set romanian in regional settings at windows install (without romanian keyboard, only english).

The big problem with Splash is with all subtitles. They are very ugly, and only 3 sizes. We need more options to customize the subtitles:
- a better , smoother font, maybe different styles to chose from. (I am happy with BsP font : with outline and anti-aliasing, shadow diasabled)
- to adjust the font size in small steps (all steps !!! )
- to adjust the position on screen (up, down)

And shortcuts for this functions will be nice. example: font size "ctrl" + "+/-" ; position "shift" + "up/down). I use a remote control in my Sony Ericson phone over bluetooth and I can asociate program shurtcuts with phone buttons. It is easier to control the volume, play/pouse, subtitles when I stay in bed and watch on big tv.

Waiting for Splash Pro to be avaible...........

MilesAhead
PC Specification: AMD Phenom 9850 Nvidia GeForce 9600 GS

Re: Subtitle Feature Request

Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:04 pm

Afa subtitles go, I think a player that plays BluRay formats should support PGS sub streams. That would be like a DVD software player that didn't display .sup streams.

Return to “Splash Lite (free)”