NumB

Re: Splash Lite crash on startup

Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:30 am

there's no such path (C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Mirillis) to go throughout. I already checked the "Show hidden files" and sadly, still nothing. :(

Helios
Mirillis Team

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:20 pm

Hi NumB,

what is your operating system?
On windows XP the path is something like this (remember about local translations and hidden/system files):

C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Local Settings\Application Data\Mirillis

you have to also unhide system protected files in view settings.
hope it will help,

NumB

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:43 pm

some posts backward i wrote this: "Running Windows XP SP3 x86 (after an upgrade from SP2)"
I tried with the option checked - Tools>Folder Options>View>Show hidden files and folder and i still can't find the log file. Also there is no Mirillis folder in there. :|

Obazu
PC Specification: AMD Athlon XP2400+ ATI Radeon HD3650

Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:17 am

I have tried Splash Lite 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.4.2, and 1.4.3 and none of them has ever even started on my system. I really would like to test this player because it has GPU hardware acceleration.

CPU: AMD Athlon XP2400+
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 3650 AGP with newest 10.6 drivers
RAM: 1,5GB memory
Windows XP Professional with SP3
Avast! antivirus version 5

I have tried CleanStart but it also crashes instantly. I have also tried without antivirus. And yes, there is no log file anywhere. I guess it won't be able to generate it as it will not start the program "enough".

If it would make the log file, I guess it would be here:
C:\Documents and Settings\MYUSERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Mirillis but there is no folder named Mirillis. I have searched my C:\Documents and Settings\ for Mirillis folder and splash_log.txt but it doesn't find them.

Thank you for any efforts with this problem!

latino
PC Specification: Intel T9300 2Ghz and ATI HD3650, Win7-64

Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:13 pm

I fixed my problem....I reinstalled Windows and now it worked. I did NOT install any ATI drivers, so I guess the problem is to be found in these drivers. Although uninstalling them didn't help at all....

I also coudn't find a logfile anywhere on my system btw.
Maybe you could alter the startup somehow in the next version to be able to report the error in a better way?

Helios
Mirillis Team

Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:09 pm

Hi Obazu,

unfortunately we can not reproduce the problem on none of our mashines, but we do want to fix it if possible.
If the directory does not exist, it means there is a problem with users rights to the directory.
Could you please make a test for us, and create the directory manually?

C:\Documents and Settings\MYUSERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Mirillis

then run

C:\Program Files\Mirillis\Splash Lite\Splash Lite CleanStart

and look for the log file again?

NumB

Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:19 pm

latino wrote:I fixed my problem....I reinstalled Windows and now it worked. I did NOT install any ATI drivers, so I guess the problem is to be found in these drivers. Although uninstalling them didn't help at all....

Maybe you could alter the startup somehow in the next version to be able to report the error in a better way?
and how will your graphic card behave without any driver?
Helios wrote:Hi Obazu,

unfortunately we can not reproduce the problem on none of our mashines, but we do want to fix it if possible.
If the directory does not exist, it means there is a problem with users rights to the directory.
Could you please make a test for us, and create the directory manually?

C:\Documents and Settings\MYUSERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Mirillis

then run

C:\Program Files\Mirillis\Splash Lite\Splash Lite CleanStart

and look for the log file again?
wow that worked... here's log file content:

Code: Select all

[SplashLog]
CP01=0x0000
CP02=0x0001
CP03=0x0002
CP04=0x0003
CP05=0x0004
But remember, this is what i get if i run Splash Lite Clean Start and Don't Send message appear.
At me is a second option to run splash:
- When i run Splash Lite Clean Start with right-click>run as>protect my computer and data from unauthorized program activity and the below error appears.

In this case, nothing new cames in log file. :(

latino
PC Specification: Intel T9300 2Ghz and ATI HD3650, Win7-64

Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:26 pm

NumB wrote:
latino wrote:I fixed my problem....I reinstalled Windows and now it worked. I did NOT install any ATI drivers, so I guess the problem is to be found in these drivers. Although uninstalling them didn't help at all....

and how will your graphic card behave without any driver?
It uses the standard driver that came with Win7

NumB

Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:24 pm

any info?

Helios
Mirillis Team

Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:22 pm

NumB wrote:any info?
We are discusing the log you send and trying to figure out where the problem is.
Still can not reproduce the problem in our test lab. Next version of Splash Lite will include more detailed trace log and some modifications in problematic part.
Till that time I can only suggest a few experiments: running application as an administrator, uninstalling it completely and installing from other user account (for example other rights group: Administators, Users).
Trace log tells us, that it is not connected with the graphics card at all, so graphic drivers and hardware have nothing to do with it. It is rather related to the operating system.
It is all we can do now, we are really sorry for inconvenience.

regards,

Return to “Splash Lite (free)”