lvr
PC Specification: Ryzen 7800x3D, RX 7900XTX, Win10 22H2

Hardware acceleration crashes CSGO

Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:36 pm

Hi
I'm having problems recording CSGO every time i start recording the game crashes tried some solutions from previous posts in this forum but none worked.

I didin't want ot create a new post crying about it before doing some testing to help who ever looks into this issue.

i tested every version from 4.10.1 until the latest one 4.21.1 none worked.

A few hours ago i was testing diffrent settings both in game and in action and i found that the game only crashes if i record with Hardware acceleration
on be it with intel quick sync or nvidia nvenc but not with it disabled.

With hardware acceleration disabled i can record without the game crashing but even with 10 cores and 20 threads the performance is unplayable.

I have also provided my dxdiag maybe someone can help me

Ty in advance
Attachments
DxDiag.rar
(16.69 KiB) Downloaded 1459 times

lvr
PC Specification: Ryzen 7800x3D, RX 7900XTX, Win10 22H2

Re: Hardware acceleration crashes CSGO

Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:38 pm

FIXED IT

The problem was windwos being well windows, i have both the GTX 1080 and intel integrated GPU running if i want the intel GPU to be used in a program i have to tell windows to specifically use it, that is normal.

What isn't normal is that windows didn't know what GPU to use for ACTION hardware accelleration that's why my game was crashing so i had to tell windows to use the GTX 1080 for the nvidia nvenc encoder or else the game would crash, it's wierd that only CSGO crashed but whatever.

If someone encounters this issue the solution is to go to (windows display settings / graphics settings / click on browse and go to ACTION root folder and sellect action.exe)

ACTION root folder if you didin't change it should be C:\Program Files (x86)\Mirillis\Action!

Return to “News and Announcements”