VexMex
PC Specification: AMD FX8150,MSI gtx 970 gaming 4g, WIN7

Re: Action! synchro issues - report here

Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:34 pm

ok, new hardware, new errors, bugs etc...

my "new" system
AMD fx8150 @4.5Ghz
MSI geforce 970 gaming 4G
Asrock990fx extreme4
24GB Ram

problem in version 1.21-1.21.2:
Audio crackling and speed up/down issues

now in version 1.22 in all modes and formats:
problem from 1.21.2 is gone ... BUT now if i try to capture in 1080p 60fps my video is jerking (#Google translator xD)
AND my audio is capturing only in the first 2-3 seconds and then nothing
ohh, before i forget it: action is crashing ALOT more often since the patch

Rules of Nature
PC Specification: AMD FX-6100, Radeon HD 7770, Windows 7

Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:07 pm

This update seems to have significantly improved my recordings. The desync is practically gone, though I've noticed a steady desync once I get up to 30 minute + recordings. However, I haven't tried any recordings longer than that, and the desync is down to less than half a second as opposed to 30 seconds or more.

However, I am getting a weird issue when exporting. Despite having both the game audio and commentary audio in the Action player (I can cycle between them with the A key), when I export the video and run it in another player like Windows Media Player, the game audio is silent and only the commentary audio plays over the video. When I import the exported video to Sony Vegas for editing, there's no video at all. Just the game and commentary audio.

I've been able to convert the file to different formats, giving me the entire video and the two audio files I need, so there is a workaround for me, but I'm just wondering what could be causing this.

WaR_SPiRiT
PC Specification: Windows 7, AMD FX 8350, AMD 7970

Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:10 pm

Rules of Nature, I am having the same issue as you. With the new Action update I can no longer see any video track imported into Sony Vegas. This is really bad because I lost hours of footage I recorded yesterday. Can you tell me what workaround you did? Any Mirillis Support team here know about this and will be releasing a fix soon?

TheWabbit
PC Specification: Win 8.1

Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:51 pm

I registered just to comment on the new desynching issues.

In Premier CC, the issue is that Action is recording at a variable frame rate. If I run the video from Action through Handbrake and tell it to use 60fps constant frame rate, the video is fine to edit in Premiere CC. This extra step is just annoying.

l337hackzor
PC Specification: i9-9900k, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S, Win10pro

Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:59 pm

Processor: i7 950 (4 cores w/ hyperthreading @3.07ghz, is not overlocked)
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD5850 (not overclocked)
Current driver: 14.501.1003-141120a-178000C 14.12 AMD Catalyst Omega Software
Memory: 18 GB
Monitor resolution: 1920x1080
Recording mode: Game/application
Video Type: AVI
FPS: 60

I recently purchased Action to record H1Z1 gameplay and have ran into the issue of out of sync audio.

What I believe is happening is the video is skipping frames but the audio isnt. This results in out of sync audio and a longer audio track than video track. When I load my videos into editing programs you can see the audio track extends beyond the video. The audio track seems completely accurate, the video is definitely missing frames even though it looks decent enough.

attached is a screenshot of the tracks in sony vegas (
vegas.JPG
Vegas Timeline
vegas.JPG (73.68 KiB) Viewed 274147 times
) to show the longer audio track. The longer the video the more out of sync it gets, as if its shaving only a few frames each time but it adds up over time.

side note about my configuration and troubleshooting so far... I'm a computer technician and have done a lot of different configurations to try to address the issue.

I've reinstalled windows on my 120GB SSD. I've tried recording to my SSD (havent noticed the issue when recording to SSD but space is limited so the videos are shorter, the problem is most apparent on long videos) and to my single HDD.

I added 3x 1TB hard drives in RAID0 for high sequential read/write speed, this is dedicated only for recordings from action but problem still happens. Can probably assume it's not a hard drive speed issue.

Because its a fresh install of windows I have almost nothing on it but Windows, H1Z1 and action on my SSD. All recordings to the RAID0 stripe.

I'll provide more info later probably.

Surfer9x
PC Specification: Intel i7, Nvidia GT540M 2GB, Win 10 64

Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:25 am

Finally I decide to buy Mirillis Action (commercial), because it worked fine, but right now I have some problems.

1. Problems export the video to Sony Vegas, but only about the MP4 files (Intel Quick Sync), only exports the Audio track and the microphone, but not aperece the video.

2. Also the video is not synchronized with the audio, and that makes it very annoying and need to be working more.

I hope a solution.

Thank You.

Firedawg
PC Specification: i5-2500K, Nvidia GTX570, W7Usp1-64bit

Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:34 pm

Ok, new user as of today. Used the trial version initially and found the "Active Screen" and "Active Desktop Region" were exactly what I needed and worked great. I purchased a license and updated my installed version of ACTION!. Without any changes in my settings (default) the audio in my videos when played back are sped up in fast forward, and this occurs in both AVI and MP4 video recording. What is interesting is that in Audio Recording the WAV files record correctly, but the MP4 audio recording are just like the Video Recording, very fast. Could it be an issue with MP4 capturing, or a playback problem? This occurs with most video players (i.e. VLC). I would go back to using just the trial version but I get the watermark on my recordings. What to do? Thanks for any assistance.

CPU: Intel i5-2500K
Memory: 16GB
Video Card: ASUS GTX570 DirectCU II
Video Memory: 1280MB GDDR5
Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080, 1080p
Video Editor: Cyberlink PowerDirector 12
Audio Problem: Video Recording the audio too fast
Video Type: AVI and MP4

Spitfire696
PC Specification: windows 8

Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:01 pm

Video Card: INTEL core i5-4690k
Current Driver version and date: ?
Memory: 8
Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080
Recording mode: Game/Application
Video Type: MP4

when I use the video (with audio) in my video editor (Serif MoviePlus 6) parts of the video are, at the most, 2 or 3 seconds out of sync with the audio. I don't know if this is to do with the Editor or 'Action!' if you have any suggestions or ideas of why this is happening please tell me. Thanks!

nine09
PC Specification: Windows 8.1

Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:49 pm

Just updated to the latest version (1.23.0.0) and the problem is still there. No change in character of the problem at all.

I am still having synchronization issues between "system sounds" and "recording devices/microphone". The two tracks (recorded on separate tracks) gets out of sync after about two minutes.

I have tried to record at 30 fps and 60 fps. It doesn't matter which one.
I have activated "Record microphone into separate track".
I have enabled "Record System Sounds"
I have enabled "Allow multi-channel audio recording"

Video Card: Geforce GTX 680
Current Driver version: 347.52
Memory: 16 GB
Monitor Resolution: 3840x2160
Recording mode: Screen Mode
Video Type: Both AVI and MP4
Processor: Intel i7 3770K 3.50 GHz

This is very frustrating especially when Mirillis confirms that the problem is fixed. I record for over an hour just to find out that the problem still persists...

At least you could let us know if you are still looking into this problem.

nine09
PC Specification: Windows 8.1

Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:55 pm

Switched to the latest Camtasia Studio. No problem at all. I am done with Mirillis for good. Sorry guys, I have had patience for 3 months now.

Return to “News and Announcements”