nunatak
PC Specification: E6300 @3.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 9800GT, Win7 x64

A very long list of bug reports and features suggestions

Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:09 am

I sent it via email but i'm also posting it here in case that any other user will have something to say about it.
Hi, I have more bugs to report and more feature suggestions.
At first I was going to send you something like 3-4 bugs and similar number of suggestions, but then you released v1.2.3 and I decided to do some deep checking and tried all different types of files and situations… So now I have 11 bugs to report and 13 new suggestions! Here it is:

Bugs, Splash Lite 1.5:
1. When playing DVB-T sometimes the audio freezes for few seconds and then resume and this repeats forever. This can be stopped either by changing channels or by stopping the DVB-T and playing it again.
If needed I can submit you a recording of the DVB-T stream as it is being broadcast, here in Israel we use Mpeg2-TS container with MPEG4-Part 10_H.264 video and HE-AAC_v2 audio.

Bugs, Splash Pro 1.2.3:
1. There is a problem opening WMV and MP3 files by double clicking on them, when doing so I'm getting this error: "*File path and name* The parameter is incorrect".
In order to play WMV and MP3 files I must first to open the application and then to drag the files into the window.
2. Sometimes when I'm playing a file and moving the time slider all the buttons are disappearing, if I'm hovering on them with the mouse they are appearing again.
I suspect this has something to do with M2TS files but can't confirm it.
This is also the only bug that I couldn't reproduced on v1.2.3 but I'm submitting this anyway because I'm not sure if it has been fixed or not.
Please pay attention to the fact that this may have a connection to a similar bug regarding Splash Lite and DVB-T that I reported 2 months ago and still hasn't been fixed.
3. When using playlist the application isn't showing the file length until I play it. I'm not sure if this is planned to be like this or if it's a bug.

Bugs, both Splash Pro 1.2.3 and Splash Lite 1.5:
1. After using external subtitles with a video that had internal subtitles I can't use the internal subtitles again. They are disappearing from the menu like they never existed, in order to use them again I need to fully stop the video and to play it again.
2. I can open the information window from the right-click menu but I can't close it from it. In order to close it I need to click the "X" button on the window or the "I" button on the left-low corner of the application.
3. There is a problem to open many MP3 files, I don't know what they all have in common but if needed i can send you a sample.
4. All M4V files are being recognized as MP4 files, while they are very similar this isn't the same thing. I didn't find any playback problem this is causing, but it would be nice if you can fix it.
5. At the last 2-3 seconds of every video you can't move the time slider back, you must let it end and then play it again.
6. Both Splash Lite and Pro can't play DTS, DTS-HD and AC3 files even that they can play them when they are being used in a video file.
7. With some audio formats like AC3 and AAC there is a 2-5 seconds of a delay when starting to play the audio. What I mean is that the audio/video sync is fine but the first few seconds of the audio are missing. I am guessing that this problem may also be influencing DTS audio but I couldn't check.

Features Suggestions, Splash Pro:
1. Make the audio boost parameter to change the same way you can change the audio from the main window, you can use some color indicator in order to see when you are using it and when not.
VLC have this feature, you can check it in order to see what I mean.
2. Make an option to arrange the playlist by file length.
3. On the playlist window to show the total length of all files on the playlist + the remaining files.
4. Currently when the playlist window is open you can't make the main window hide it while you can make the playlist window hide the main window, please change this.
5. This maybe the most important feature I want you to add, please add DVB-T to the Pro version! I'm not asking for full DVB-T, just the same limited DVB-T that is available in Splash Lite.
It is ridiculous that I need to keep the Lite version just for DVB-T when I paid for the Pro version.
6. Please add ".Sup" subtitles file support. This is PGS subtitles that are already being supported when they are part from a video file, just add support for external PGS subtitles.
7. This maybe just me but for what reason did you put an option to open a disc from the right-click menu? The Pro version can't play DVD/BD and when I'm inserting a data disc with regular video files like MP4 nothing happens.

Features Suggestions, Both Splash Lite and Splash Pro:
1. Make an option to remember the Information window status and to keep it open automatically.
2. Please add Rewind and Fast-forward buttons.
3. Please add to the site a list of old software versions and download links, this may be helpful when someone want to go back to an older version without some annoying bug or to check when some bug first appears.
4. Add subtitles info to the information window.
5. Make an on-screen indicator that will appear for few seconds only in full-screen mode and only when the user is changing the volume, currently you must move the mouse in order to see the volume level.
6. This is very minor change, but it think that you should change the "Video framerate" on the information window to "Video FPS", it's just sound and look better.
Last edited by nunatak on Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

nunatak
PC Specification: E6300 @3.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 9800GT, Win7 x64

Re: A very long list of bug reports and features suggestions

Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:13 am

+ I thought about this just now. You can maintain a list of known bugs and their status so before submitting you bugs we could check if you already know about it.

And if you have a beta program i'll be happy to join and help.

crl2007
PC Specification: CPU: Q9550 GPU: GTX470 OS: 7 x64

Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:07 am

And an option to add folders to the playlist. More specifically, to be able to drag and drop a folder to the playlist and the files inside that folder to be added to the playlist. MPC-HC has this feature. For series episodes it's annoying to be forced to add them one by one when the episodes are in different folders.

leakypen
PC Specification: Intel Q9550x4 | nVidia GTX 275 | W7U x64

Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:20 pm

>>"*File path and name* The parameter is incorrect".
Yes, I'm getting the same error with 1.5. It's very annoying. I cannot double click on any file to open it. I have to open the app first and then drag the file onto the app. Or just open the file from the app.

First I installed the program for "everyone". Then I uninstalled it, reinstalled for "just me". Same problem.

Win7 Home Premium 64bit

Unfortunatelly I've deleted 1.4. At least please provide a download for 1.4 lite version until this issue will be fixed.

Return to “Splash PRO”