ocd
PC Specification: Core 2 Duo + GeForce 210 + Windows 10

NEED THESE FEATURES in SPLASH PRO

Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:08 am

So far I am liking this product, but
I often need to Re-adjust brightness and contrast controls when I connect to the big screen because I like to leave my screen controls untouched as they have already been calibrated. So here's a list of what I would like to see.

1) Playback Options - The Increase/Decrease boxes only work with mouse. It is often difficult to get to an exact number.
It would be nice if I could control this with the Keyboard also or even manually enter a value.

2) Equalizer for sound. I do not want to change my settings on the PC, TV, or AVR. I have all EQ options turned off and only use Applications for this setting. So please add this feature.

Can you please add these features as soon as possible? I feel this product is not complete. It does offer great improvements over other products. The picture quality is the BEST I have seen. It does not look washed out, very sharp, clear, crisp, and LOW CPU usage! My laptop has GeForce 9600M GT and Q9000 CPU and I see 2-5% cpu usage.

Overall EXCELLENT Product, but needs more work! Have not tested it with pure bluray rips. Just AVC in MKV rips. I love the simplicity of this program! Please add the features I requested as soon as possible!

Ghost
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: dozens...

Re: NEED THESE FEATURES in SPLASH PRO

Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:36 pm

1) So you would like to have a value displayed in edit box in example that you could manually edit?

2) Equalizer is planned to be added in the future versions of Splash but we do not expect it to be avialable soon.
Mirillis Team Member

Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis
Mirillis News Feed:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/mirillisfeed

P.J
PC Specification: i5-4460, 16GB RAM, GTX 960, Win10 x64

Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:08 am

ocd wrote:1) Playback Options - The Increase/Decrease boxes only work with mouse. It is often difficult to get to an exact number.
It would be nice if I could control this with the Keyboard also or even manually enter a value.
You mean something like "+" and "-" keys? :?

ocd

Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:54 am

1) When you go to playback options, All the controls should be able to be controlled by Keyboard and Mouse. Right now, the only way to increase and decrease is to hold the left mouse button and drag left or right. This is causing frustrations if I want to reach a specific Number.

2) AC3 DRC - why does it affect DTS Tracks? DTS is a different codec than AC3, so why is there not a way to manipulate DTS track?

3) I have an HP Remote control that comes with HP HDX 18 Laptops. I would like to be able to have better control over the program with the remote. i.e. Rewind and Fast forward in MKV files as if it is a DVD, with varying speeds. XBMC does it, but does not do it gracefully. The entire screen gets pixellized. I would prefer a FRAME SKIPPING method. Where skipping by 1x,2x,4x,8x, etc fast forwards while drawing quick frames so it does not look broken up.

I have tried many programs but this is the best and has real potential. I want THIS program to be the defacto standard for me and my family. Please add this functionality.
I am VERY impressed with you guys.

P.J

Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:26 am

Maybe it's better to switch between presents with a hotkey.
Yes, I reported it for DTS audio track.

ocd

Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:34 am

I don't quite understand your post PJ
What do you mean "switch between presents with a hotkey"?

The Brightness,Contrast, etc controls are only increased and decreased by dragging the slider with the mouse. This is inaccurate when going from say 0 to 35, the slider may get to 34 or 36, but getting to that 35 takes a few tries.

Also, an Audio EQ would be great to manipulate Highs and Lows along with Presets.

P.J

Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:22 am

Yes, I got you. You mean Splash needs a hotkey for each settings.

Ghost
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: dozens...

Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:31 pm

ocd wrote:1) When you go to playback options, All the controls should be able to be controlled by Keyboard and Mouse. Right now, the only way to increase and decrease is to hold the left mouse button and drag left or right. This is causing frustrations if I want to reach a specific Number.

2) AC3 DRC - why does it affect DTS Tracks? DTS is a different codec than AC3, so why is there not a way to manipulate DTS track?

3) I have an HP Remote control that comes with HP HDX 18 Laptops. I would like to be able to have better control over the program with the remote. i.e. Rewind and Fast forward in MKV files as if it is a DVD, with varying speeds. XBMC does it, but does not do it gracefully. The entire screen gets pixellized. I would prefer a FRAME SKIPPING method. Where skipping by 1x,2x,4x,8x, etc fast forwards while drawing quick frames so it does not look broken up.

I have tried many programs but this is the best and has real potential. I want THIS program to be the defacto standard for me and my family. Please add this functionality.
I am VERY impressed with you guys.
DRC should not affect DTS tracks, im not sure if i understand a problem. Do you expereience problem that DRC settings affect DTS playback?

FFWD and REW options are available at the moment nly for AVCHD playback but weplan to add this also for files playback.
Mirillis Team Member

Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis
Mirillis News Feed:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/mirillisfeed

P.J

Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:54 pm

We want DRC for DTS audio tracks too :(

ocd

Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:37 am

Sorry about that Ghost. I must have been very tired when posting. Let me try this again.

We want DRC for DTS Tracks

Brightness, Contrast, and all other controls, using a keyboard or some means to easily reach the desired number. The mouse does not offer precise control. I like the way everything looks, don't change that. Just make it so I can atleast get to an exact number I want. This can be done with Keyboard arrow keys, or Scrolling the mouse wheel up and down. My idea would be this way:

1) Click on a control
2) Control is highlighted
3) Move mouse Scroll Wheel Up or Down

All this can be done from the couch with a wireless mouse. I want to be able to control EVERYTHING just using the Wireless Mouse.

Additional Features that would make this product better:

1) Fast Forward/Rewind with Speeds, x2, x4, x6, etc etc using Mouse. Again like this:
--You Click the Fast Forward Button, it goes x1, then click again it goes x2, etc etc.
--Click Play to start playing again.

The ABOVE We would like for every video format available that Splash can Handle! My SAMSUNG TVs USB Player already does this. However I would like this in Splash.

2) You have LEVEL controls for each Speaker, Wonderful! How about some EQ settings? You don't need a very fancy Equalizer, but if you've got AUDIO Boost, you might as well throw in an EQ. I personally do not use AUDIO BOOST as it causes problems with very low and high frequencies.

3) TV Profiles for those Hooking up via HDMI. This will allow better use of Calibration (This is not something too important for now but helpful with colorspace to avoid the Color Bands that can appear in a video sample, such as shades of RED, or the SKY, when playing a HD Video) Again-Not too important right now but it happens no matter what settings I use, whether I control using Nvidia control panel, or player controls.

Thanks for listening. I am hoping to see this in the next version.

No need to make things overly complicated, just simpler to use. The GUI is great. Please leave it the way it is. The simplistic approach to this GUI is what makes it appealing.

I am playing 1080p MKV at 30mbps without a hassle on a 9600M GT mobile platform with 2-5% CPU usage!

Great Work! Once the BD Version is out and the features I ask for, I will say Goodbye to everything else. I hope you send me a coupon or something but I will be willing to pay Full Price anyway! Thanks!

Return to “Splash PRO”