Joco1114
Expert User
PC Specification: Windows 7, Intel Core 2 6750, nVidia 260

Re: motion2 works great 5mn then...

Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:12 am

dyep wrote:I can confirm that motion2 enabled still doesnt work correctly on my pc either even with the latest update 1.2.4

I have a Windows 7 64bit and enabled hardware acceleration. Graphics card is a dual nvidia geforce 9500 GT.
Well, I've tried Splash Pro v1.2.3 on a common 9500 GT before yesterday without problems. The difference: Windows 7 x86 version. It was a brand new, low level computer and connected it to HDTV and tried a lot of HD movies for testing.
Home Theater:
Silverstone GD01 | nVidia GTX 460 | Asus Xonar HDAV 1.3
Epson EH-TW3600 (aka. 8350) | 100" DIY screen
Marantz SR8001 THX Select2 surround receiver
Polkaudio speakers: RTi 10 | CSi 5 | FXi 5 | PSW 505
Synology NAS 1010+ | 9TB HDD

dyep
PC Specification: Windows 7 64 bit

Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:13 am

Ive always had a problem with motion2 for some reason. Even when I disable hardware acceleration, it still does not work correctly.. Has too many glitches. I still think it needs to be worked on a little more so its compatible with all system configurations.

Joco1114
Expert User
PC Specification: Windows 7, Intel Core 2 6750, nVidia 260

Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:16 am

dyep wrote:Ive always had a problem with motion2 for some reason. Even when I disable hardware acceleration, it still does not work correctly.. Has too many glitches. I still think it needs to be worked on a little more so its compatible with all system configurations.
I'm sure of it, but I have to ask: have you ever tried with other players?
Home Theater:
Silverstone GD01 | nVidia GTX 460 | Asus Xonar HDAV 1.3
Epson EH-TW3600 (aka. 8350) | 100" DIY screen
Marantz SR8001 THX Select2 surround receiver
Polkaudio speakers: RTi 10 | CSi 5 | FXi 5 | PSW 505
Synology NAS 1010+ | 9TB HDD

dyep
PC Specification: Windows 7 64 bit

Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:30 pm

Ive had multiple different players Ive tried and none of them had any problems like this one.

zento
PC Specification: xps 1730, c2d t9300, 8700gt sli, win7 64

Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:00 pm

Helios wrote:Hi zento,

I have some questions that could help us to reproduce the problem, because since your report we were unable to repeat it in our test lab.

- is there a scenario that you dont experience the issue?
- is it happening on older Splash Pro versions (1.0.0 or 1.1.0)?
- when it happened for the first time? maybe you remember what important could change in your system configuration, some driver updates, or a new software installed?
- could you check your CPU temperature before enabling M2 and once again when you experience the issue?

maybe there is something else you think can help us I didnt ask.

regards,
hello Helios,
- no working scenario when motion2 is enabled. It works fine 5mns then always start to glitch audio and image.
The motion2 effect disappear and the image starts to be choppy.
and since 1.2.3 and 1.2.4, the problem looks worse since the audio also loose it sync (when it doesn't with 1.2.2)
but in all cases, i have to disable motion2 to look any movies i have (sd or hd)
when i untick motion2 even during payback, the problem is gone.

- yes, it happens in all version i used. first 5mns run fine then...
and if i remember right, i started to use splashpro with 1.1.0

- i checked my cpu temperature and it goes to 90° (around 70 when idle)
sometimes i play video games on this laptop (cs:s, dod:s and a few others via steam platform) with some gfx details and it work like a charm (and become warmer than 90° when i play a few hours even if the cpu usage stays around 50%).

With motion2 disabled, the cpu usage stay under 5% but when i enable m2 it reach 75% (on both core) and above (depending on the level details it has to redraw).

-I mainly use my laptop for work, internet and video games and the latest software i installed was Splashpro 8-)
like i said in my previous post, i tried different gfx drivers with no luck so i guess it s not a graphic cards/drivers problem.
I can't update/change my audio driver since there is only one available on both 32 and 64bits platforms.
(Sigmatel Audio HD)

I don't know if there is a common point or not with this problem, but I have a 1080p mkv file that shutter with splash pro (even with motion2 off) when it doesn't with vlc and kmplayer
if you need more informations on this file, let me know.

to be honest, i think i tried almost everyting on my side before registering to mirillis forum.
I won't say i m a pc expert but before owning this laptop, i always built up my comp, choosing my parts and installing/upgrading my software.
So if you have any questions that can help you, don't hesitate i will be glad to help.
oh and sorry for my crappy english ;)
cheers,
Zento

Return to “Splash PRO”