bungie240
PC Specification: amd dual core, ATI HD3470, WIN7

Dts MA & Dolby True HD Audio

Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:07 am

Hi All

I'm playing a m2ts file which contains a dts MA track but i cannot get it to output the full bitrate of the soundtrack it defaults back to 1536kbps when it should be around 3000kbps, my graphics card is a ATI HD3470, dont think this gpu can handle bitstreaming of HD audio at the full bitrate.

Is there some way for splash pro to decode the sound and send to my av receiver (via hdmi) as pcm? :?

Thanks in advance

Ghost
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: dozens...

Re: Dts MA & Dolby True HD Audio

Sun May 08, 2011 9:41 pm

Your card probably does not support HD codecs bitstreaming, this works with ATI 5xxx series.
Splash PRO supports HD audio codecs only with bitstreaming.

In you case it probably plays the core audio (not full quality HD audio).
Mirillis Team Member

Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis
Mirillis News Feed:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/mirillisfeed

hln
PC Specification: MacBook Pro, thunderbolt, ZBox AD03 HTPC

Wed May 11, 2011 1:46 am

I have the Zotac "ZBox AD03" HTPC with AMD Radeon™ HD 6310 Discrete-Class Graphics video card and bitstreaming DTS MA and Dolby True HD audio works great via HDMI. Very happy. The high res audio is just incredible. It is a jaw dropping experience, comparing to the compressed DTS that I had before.

gmit
PC Specification: Quad Core Athlon, Radeon 4200, Win7

Wed May 11, 2011 8:06 pm

hln wrote:I have the Zotac "ZBox AD03" HTPC with AMD Radeon™ HD 6310 Discrete-Class Graphics video card and bitstreaming DTS MA and Dolby True HD audio works great via HDMI. Very happy. The high res audio is just incredible. It is a jaw dropping experience, comparing to the compressed DTS that I had before.
don't exaggerate. the difference is barely noticable, if noticable at all. but additional LED on receiver is really nice :mrgreen:

hln
PC Specification: MacBook Pro, thunderbolt, ZBox AD03 HTPC

Wed May 11, 2011 10:23 pm

The difference is HUGE. When going compressed core DTS to lossless, you are talking about 800MBs to 10GBs in audio file size. If you can't hear the difference, then it must be that you may have a lower end receiver. My brother had one and yes the difference for him was just ok. He then bought a mid size one and totally floored with High Res audio. He also said he did not rip his MKVs correctly.

The difference for most folks is like from watching SD and HD. Again, It is absolutely HUGE.

yilmaz196
PC Specification: Phenom II 955, Nvidia gtx470, Windows 7

Sun May 15, 2011 5:26 am

hln wrote:The difference is HUGE. When going compressed core DTS to lossless, you are talking about 800MBs to 10GBs in audio file size. If you can't hear the difference, then it must be that you may have a lower end receiver. My brother had one and yes the difference for him was just ok. He then bought a mid size one and totally floored with High Res audio. He also said he did not rip his MKVs correctly.

The difference for most folks is like from watching SD and HD. Again, It is absolutely HUGE.
That is called placebo effect.All in ur mind :lol:

Return to “Splash PRO”