monkeyman
PC Specification: Pretty good one.

Another Motion2-related update, seriously?

Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:16 am

I've updated Splash Pro to 1.8, looked into change log and... well, I finally lost my patience. You keep improving Motion 2, when your player lacks some basic stuff. For example, several people already reported multiple subtitles issues and nothing happened since then. You still can't turn off external subtitles with mouse right-click, HTML tags in subtitles still not being recognized and so on.

You really think most of your customers need processor-hungry Motion 2, not basic stuff? Please, stop updating Motion 2, read forums and add all basic features to your to-do list.

gmit
PC Specification: Quad Core Athlon, Radeon 4200, Win7

Re: Another Motion2-related update, seriously?

Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:49 pm

monkeyman wrote:I've updated Splash Pro to 1.8, looked into change log and... well, I finally lost my patience. You keep improving Motion 2, when your player lacks some basic stuff. For example, several people already reported multiple subtitles issues and nothing happened since then. You still can't turn off external subtitles with mouse right-click, HTML tags in subtitles still not being recognized and so on.

You really think most of your customers need processor-hungry Motion 2, not basic stuff? Please, stop updating Motion 2, read forums and add all basic features to your to-do list.
I'm a customer that use SpashPro because of processor-hungry Motion 2. Basic functionality is pretty satisfactory...

monkeyman

Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:56 pm

gmit wrote:I'm a customer that use SpashPro because of processor-hungry Motion 2. Basic functionality is pretty satisfactory...
You're minority. Buy Philips TV and get hardware Motion 2 with it - WAY better, than this one.

outrun
PC Specification: i5-480M Ati Mobility 5470 Win 7 64 Home

Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:37 am

I'm a pretty satisfied user with the basic functionality (may improve, like everything), but i'm more interested on improvements on Motion2 and its artifacts. And I decided to use Splash PRO for not having to buy an expensive TV with motion Plus. I have a cheapest one and I get the motion by software thanks to Splash Pro. I don't think we are a few users...

monkeyman

Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:57 am

outrun wrote:I'm a pretty satisfied user with the basic functionality (may improve, like everything), but i'm more interested on improvements on Motion2 and its artifacts. And I decided to use Splash PRO for not having to buy an expensive TV with motion Plus. I have a cheapest one and I get the motion by software thanks to Splash Pro. I don't think we are a few users...
42" Philips LCD TV costs today around 800 bucks and it has hardware analogue of Motion 2 called Pixel Plus. Because it's hardware it works 10 times better and gives 10 times more quality picture. Moreover, to be able to use Motion 2 you have to buy hi-end PC or your CPU will be eaten alive. Can you buy hi-end PC with monitor for 800 bucks? No, you can't.

I'm not against Motion 2. I'm only telling, that first you have to make basic stuff work, THEN do the rest.

outrun
PC Specification: i5-480M Ati Mobility 5470 Win 7 64 Home

Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:01 pm

I have a Samsung LED 46" and the price difference with the same inches and true motion or motion-plus or whatever was huge!(400€ at least). I imagine that quality is better (it must be!) but I don't want to pay that money if I can do it through software with an acceptable results. It's my choice, and besides, we're getting a little out of topic here. And you need a quad core for Ultra Motion 1080, not for Motion2. I have a quite average i5 laptop and works fine.
Everybody have their needs, and what is crucial for you is not for me and viceversa. As I said, I'll appreciate less artifacts in video playing. Maybe the point is not complaining about what they are fixing, but encouraging them to fix what is left.

Greetings!

PD: Sorry, some of my english expressions may be not correct! :-)

Nielo TM
Expert User
PC Specification: E8200 -ATI 5450/5770 - Windows 7 (x64)

Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:15 pm

monkeyman wrote:
gmit wrote:I'm a customer that use SpashPro because of processor-hungry Motion 2. Basic functionality is pretty satisfactory...
You're minority. Buy Philips TV and get hardware Motion 2 with it - WAY better, than this one.
Actually he's not (he speaks for the majority). There are plenty of free software that offers greater flexibility and usability than Spash Pro. The reason why people bought Splash Pro is because of Morion2 (MCFI). There's no need for plug-in and is a lot lighter than other filters.

Philip's TV's MCFI is ancient and it's not very effective either. ATM, Splash Pro uses the CPU, but when it's moved to the GPU, it will out preform most hardware based MCFIs.

PS: mirillis didn't improve Motion2 on the last update. They added a something that was quite useful, which is disable Morion2 wen playing interlaced content.
Last edited by Nielo TM on Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nielo TM
Expert User
PC Specification: E8200 -ATI 5450/5770 - Windows 7 (x64)

Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:18 pm

monkeyman wrote:
outrun wrote:I'm a pretty satisfied user with the basic functionality (may improve, like everything), but i'm more interested on improvements on Motion2 and its artifacts. And I decided to use Splash PRO for not having to buy an expensive TV with motion Plus. I have a cheapest one and I get the motion by software thanks to Splash Pro. I don't think we are a few users...
42" Philips LCD TV costs today around 800 bucks and it has hardware analogue of Motion 2 called Pixel Plus. Because it's hardware it works 10 times better and gives 10 times more quality picture. Moreover, to be able to use Motion 2 you have to buy hi-end PC or your CPU will be eaten alive. Can you buy hi-end PC with monitor for 800 bucks? No, you can't.

I'm not against Motion 2. I'm only telling, that first you have to make basic stuff work, THEN do the rest.

first of all, Philips TVs aren't grate (but there are a few exceptions) and they are in the process of exiting the market.

Other brands also features FRC (via MCFI) so there's plenty to choose from. However, as I've said earlier, the biggest selling point of Splash Pro is the Motion2 feature.

monkeyman

Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:32 pm

Nielo TM wrote:Actually he's not (he speaks for the majority). There are plenty of free software that offers greater flexibility and usability than Spash Pro. The reason why people bought Splash Pro is because of Morion2 (MCFI). There's no need for plug-in and is a lot lighter than other filters.
What you just said sounded like this:

"This car car makes coffee, so that's OK, that hood and trunk don't open. There're plenty other cars which can open hoods and trunks, but none can make coffee. It's this car's selling point!"

The point is, no matter what selling point is, basic functionality is a must. And trust me, most of Splash customers (casual people) don't even know about Motion2, because they don't care. Splash is great looking player, which almost never asks you to install stupid codecs, it works out of the box and has good output features. Motion 2 is pretty good too, but it looks to me, that developers never even look at these forums, since most of requests of BASIC features never been implemented. At least for the last half of the year. So in my opinion, some kind of "feature release" would be much better next time than another improvement of "coffee machine".

Anonymoose
PC Specification: GTX260 / Q6600 / W7 SP1

Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:40 am

reading this made my IQ drop...

the main reason for me buying splash pro is because I don't WANT TO or have the SPACE for a huge ass TV anyways.
and Splash pro functionality is excellent for what I want in a player...

play, stop, search, slight color and sharpness sliders and the Motion2 which is the reason I googled and found mirillis

" And trust me, most of Splash customers (casual people) don't even know about Motion2, because they don't care."
Then why the f--- they would buy this...

dude you make no sense, get off the internet, go out have friends, when you grow up a bit and realize the world doesn't only apply to you, come back, will be waiting for you

Return to “Splash PRO”