latino
PC Specification: Intel T9300 2Ghz and ATI HD3650, Win7-64

Re: Splash PRO Short Info

Fri May 28, 2010 12:03 pm

alexvasile wrote:I think ..... (maybe) next year :lol: :lol: :lol: ...am tired to wait . i demand a straight answer
Like Ghost already told us, it's out of their hands....it depends on other companies...

alexvasile
PC Specification: I3,ATI HD 5750 ,4GB RAM DDR3,Windows 7

Fri May 28, 2010 8:28 pm

latino wrote:
alexvasile wrote:I think ..... (maybe) next year :lol: :lol: :lol: ...am tired to wait . i demand a straight answer
Like Ghost already told us, it's out of their hands....it depends on other companies...
thanks , i'm wait ;)

sleezie
PC Specification: Phenom II 555 Ati 4850 Windows 7 x86

Mon May 31, 2010 11:10 am

Hi!

I want to start by saying I'm eager to try out the new functions in Splash pro, especially the "motion2" function for HD material as I can't find any other media player that can yield frame interpolation for 720p and 1080p. I'm hoping that this FI will be of superior quality as compared to the "120 Hz" processing of HDTV:s.

Speaking of other players I recently tried out Power DVD 10 and sure it is all good and dandy apart from it not being able to use FI for HD-materiel nor can it use GPU-acceleration at the same time as it's using "True Theater HD lighting"(or other software filters). It would seem your player is capable of doing simultaneous operations in software and hardware as it's interpolating frames by use of the cpu and decoding the resulting 60p stream by hardware in the gpu. <--(guesswork on my part but I don't think I'm too far off)

Now to my question:

-Do you have any plans to implement more functions into Splash pro as example something along the lines of "True Theater lighting"? What this function does is to correct chroma/luminance and colour on the fly and the results are quite spectacular on my LG 47LH3000.
I think it would be great to be able to tweak the picture quality a little more than is possible through the Ati Catalyst.

Thank you for the most promising media player as far as I'm concerned and good luck with sorting out your licensing problems!!

Ghost
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: dozens...

Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:53 pm

sleezie wrote: ...
Now to my question:

-Do you have any plans to implement more functions into Splash pro as example something along the lines of "True Theater lighting"? What this function does is to correct chroma/luminance and colour on the fly and the results are quite spectacular on my LG 47LH3000.
I think it would be great to be able to tweak the picture quality a little more than is possible through the Ati Catalyst.

Thank you for the most promising media player as far as I'm concerned and good luck with sorting out your licensing problems!!
Hi!

http://mirillis.com/picture2.html
Light Boost should be an answer for your question.

Picture2 will initially include:
Motion2
Light Boost
Detail Boost

All this technologies will be available for SD/HD content and with H/w acceleration enabled and disabled
All Windows versions (XP.Vista.7) supported.
Mirillis Team Member

Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis
Mirillis News Feed:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/mirillisfeed

sleezie

Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:03 pm

Ghost wrote:
sleezie wrote: ...
Now to my question:

Hi!

http://mirillis.com/picture2.html
Light Boost should be an answer for your question.

Picture2 will initially include:
Motion2
Light Boost
Detail Boost

All this technologies will be available for SD/HD content and with H/w acceleration enabled and disabled
All Windows versions (XP.Vista.7) supported.
Sounds great! I take it that these functions will have "sliders" of some sort to make it able to tweak the picture with greater granularity?

If you ask me you have a very solid performer on your hands and here is to hoping it will be a success! This is the kind of functionality that I've been looking for for quite some time now! I bought my self a rather cheapish LCD-tv although it has a great panel but no processing for motion compensation in the hopes that software would come to the rescue and...voila! Splash pro! I'm waiting with baited breath for release... :)

sleezie

Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:19 pm

...and another thing.. black level/16-235,0-255. I think it would be good to have a control somewhere in the player that adjusts the colorspace that should be used. It's quite obvious that a lot of people don't know how to set up their TV:s/monitors correctly and I suspect that a lot of these people will come to you complaining about their "lack of black detail", "picture too dark" and the like. I think you would do yourself a good service if you could tell your customers to simply "flick a switch" to solve their problems.

I myself had a good fight with this as I'm using my TV as a combined monitor/movie viewer. My old TV would only accept 0-255 but my new TV can alter between the two colourspaces by selecting "black level" to HIGH or LOW. It wasn't until recently (yesterday :oops: ) that I found out that by setting Ati Catalyst to "Full RGB" and "black level" to HIGH that I finally could enjoy graphics AND movies in their correct colourspaces with good blacks. It would seem that Splash does a good job in translating movies to the "FULL" colourspace.

..again, solid performer!

crl2007
PC Specification: CPU: Q9550 GPU: GTX470 OS: 7 x64

Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:54 am

If you have a nVidia card, you can set this from the control panel.

I believe that ATI introduced this in their drivers for the 5xxx series.

denleon
PC Specification: amd sempron si-40,radeon hd3200,vista

Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:14 am

crl2007 wrote: I believe that ATI introduced this in their drivers for the 5xxx series.

PatC112
PC Specification: AMD64x2,Radeon HD4870 1GB,XP Pro SP3

Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:32 am

While you cannot give an exact date for the release of PRO can you please publish an indication of the price when it does become available.

thanks & regards PatC112

rullgardin

Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:27 am

Does it happen anything? april, may passed by, and its already 10th of june :P
Would be nice with some more news hows it going with your "licens thingy"

Return to “Splash PRO”