calin05
PC Specification: Nvidia GTX570 and Intel Core i5 750

Splash PRO sound management questions !!

Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:42 pm

Hello, i just downloaded the latest version of Splash PRO, to see that my loong issue with sound is fixed, but it doesn't. :(

So the problem is like this. The low and medium sounds rendered with splash pro from movies (i watch only HD movies) are very low,i have to turn the 5.1 system to a high volume to hear the voices and the other sounds and the background sounds. And the other problem is that the high sounds like a car crash, a pistol shot, a car exploding, background music, subwoofer sounds, are very, very sharp and high.

So, basically is like this the low and medium sounds(voices, etc) are sounding very slow, and i need to turn up the volume from the speakers to hear the movie conversations, and when the high sounds are present(car crash, car exploding) are sounding very very loud, and i need then to adjust the speakers again to a lower volume (to not demolish my house). Other video players with more settings, like pot player, are ok in sound, the low and medium and high sounds are rendered just the same, and i don't need to adjust the volume every time i watch a movie.

So, Splash team, please address time to fix this issue, i like you're player but specially on night time when people are sleeping i need to "glue" my hand to the speakers remote control to adjust the volume high when in the movie the persons speak, and to put it lower then are happening car crashes, etc. etc.

calin05

Re: Splash PRO sound management questions !!

Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:46 pm

So i am not the only one with this issue, or i'm not the only one who discovered this issue.

A help form the splash team would be very nice. ! :)

calin05

Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:20 pm

But how do they will fix it ? Because i don't get any mod answers.

P.J
PC Specification: i5-4460, 16GB RAM, GTX 960, Win10 x64

Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:44 am

What's the audio track format of the video?

Try to set the "AC-3 DRC" to "Compressed range"
http://mirillis.com/gfx/splash_pro/spla ... _audio.jpg

calin05

Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:19 am

I've tried to tweak on the audio settings, compressed range, etc, but no effect.
I am forced to play my HD movies with another player, who can render low,medium,high sounds equal.

P.J
PC Specification: i5-4460, 16GB RAM, GTX 960, Win10 x64

Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:00 am

That trick is for Dolby Digital format.

Is it possible to upload the video or a part of it?

kasakka
PC Specification: Core2Quad 3.4 GHz, GTX260, Win7 64-bit

Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:45 pm

ffdshow at least has a normalize option to get different video files to have roughly the same volume. Something like that should work for this too. I'm not too keen on having a compressor option leveling all audio, audio should have proper dynamics.

Ghost
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: dozens...

Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:39 pm

calin05 wrote:I've tried to tweak on the audio settings, compressed range, etc, but no effect.
I am forced to play my HD movies with another player, who can render low,medium,high sounds equal.
Is it not possible to set it with 5.1 speaker setup in playback options? Leave center at 100% and lower other speakers in example? We plan normalize function for audio but we do not expect it to be avialable soon.
Mirillis Team Member

Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis
Mirillis News Feed:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/mirillisfeed

msex
PC Specification: core i7, gtx 470, 12gb, win 7 - 64 bit

Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:24 am

calin05 wrote:Hello, i just downloaded the latest version of Splash PRO, to see that my loong issue with sound is fixed, but it doesn't. :(

So the problem is like this. The low and medium sounds rendered with splash pro from movies (i watch only HD movies) are very low,i have to turn the 5.1 system to a high volume to hear the voices and the other sounds and the background sounds. And the other problem is that the high sounds like a car crash, a pistol shot, a car exploding, background music, subwoofer sounds, are very, very sharp and high.

So, basically is like this the low and medium sounds(voices, etc) are sounding very slow, and i need to turn up the volume from the speakers to hear the movie conversations, and when the high sounds are present(car crash, car exploding) are sounding very very loud, and i need then to adjust the speakers again to a lower volume (to not demolish my house). Other video players with more settings, like pot player, are ok in sound, the low and medium and high sounds are rendered just the same, and i don't need to adjust the volume every time i watch a movie.

So, Splash team, please address time to fix this issue, i like you're player but specially on night time when people are sleeping i need to "glue" my hand to the speakers remote control to adjust the volume high when in the movie the persons speak, and to put it lower then are happening car crashes, etc. etc.
I have the same problem mate !! need to adjust the volume evrey time i watch a movie because the voices sounds are very low , any improvmets done yet ???

Indy
PC Specification: i3-2330m 6gb

Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:51 am

That is also one of the few things that really bothers me with this player. I also have to constantly adjust volume if I don't want to be blown off my chair every time an action sequence starts in a movie. Definitely something to improve on in the next version. I really hope all this feedback makes it into the next update.

Return to “Splash PRO”