monkeyman
PC Specification: Pretty good one.

FKN CHRIST! Is it THAT hard?!

Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:49 pm

Seriously, is it THAT hard to add HTML support to subtitles? Splash Pro still displays HTML tags instead of consequential output. I bet, it's about 2 line of code. OK, 3 lines! And it's been reported TWO years ago!

SWEG4MER
PC Specification: Nvidia GTX 550 TI OC, Windows 7 Ultimate

Re: FKN CHRIST! Is it THAT hard?!

Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:28 pm

monkeyman wrote:Seriously, is it THAT hard to add HTML support to subtitles? Splash Pro still displays HTML tags instead of consequential output. I bet, it's about 2 line of code. OK, 3 lines! And it's been reported TWO years ago!
Flaming on the forum isn't going to make it happen faster. Please have patience and wait until the DeV team has implemented it into the software. There are still a lot things to do before putting more things into it.

- SWE

nambit
PC Specification: Windows 7

Re: FKN CHRIST! Is it THAT hard?!

Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:51 am

Is this why I see all that junk on my anime subtitles?
I keep seeing things like:
0,text,0,0,0,0,more text

preceding all the subtitles of certain episodes i watch? The string is always the same for a particular episode.
It's very annoying, forcing me to try to start reading half way through each subtitle. Sigh... I'm surprised if this
is the case because, well, it seems like such a basic thing to be overlooked.

I keep hoping for better subtitle improvements that just doesn't seem to happen. For example: some text that need to be located in a specific spot - top of screen - concurrent to regular text being displayed - bottom of screen - ends up getting mixed up as regular text and disappearing after a split second. Things like when you see a street sign in Japanese and at the top it displays the english text "Kawafuma Street" while the regular dialog is at the bottom. What happens here is "Kawafuma Street" ends up being mixed with the talking text and appears for a split second. Other examples are when there's a crowd background saying miscellaneous things (normally displayed at top) while at the bottom the characters are talking, it all gets mixed up and confuses the hell outta me what's going on. Simple things like that makes me shake my head and wonder just how professional this player is. Sorry if I'm being a little too critical, but I have to say how I feel in this case. This stuff has happened in a few movies too from what I remember.

Return to “Splash PRO”