Delerue

Re: Splash PRO release date

Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:03 am

Nielo TM wrote:That's because for MCFI to work it needs minimum of two frames to interpolate the third and the forth frame, which causes lag.

For an example, the latency between frame A and frame B of 24p content is ~42ms (1000/24). So 42ms + processing + insertion can mount to increased lag. So the audio must be compensated, which is difficult but not impossible.
I still don't get it. As you said, there's a buffer recording the frames ahead of what you're currently watching. So, you don't need to add the time between frames in the audio equation; CPU is processing this before you see each frame. MVTools2, for example, can interpolate how many frames you want as long as you have CPU power available, and there's no audio sync problem. I'm not sure how audio sync is made, if it's by time or by frame. If it's by time, doesn't matter how much frames you have/want, as long as you know that at time X you must have audio X. If it's by frame, audio sync should be compensated properly by the interpolator, and let's be honest, that's not a complex math, considering that it knows the original and the desirable framerate.

I have enough CPU power available here (Core i7 860 @ 3.5 GHz), and the pick CPU usage I've seen is 20% with a H.264 1080p video. What you think?

BTW, I wrote before that I didn't experience lag with Motion 2, and now it looks like I'm saying the opposite. What I meant before is that the motion was fluid all the time the interpolator judges the scene as 'interpolable'. What I'm saying now is that motion is still fluid, but there's a lag (i.e. sync problem) between video and audio.

Nielo TM
Expert User
PC Specification: E8200 -ATI 5450/5770 - Windows 7 (x64)

Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:37 am

Yes, you're correct but if the frame jumps or shifts out of sync due to the codec, it can cause slight A/V sync problem and may take time to correct itself. After all, the current implementation of MCFI is not stable and therefore not easy to keep track of Audio and Video perfectly synced (at least that's what I think anyway, so I could be wrong).

Anyway, I have no lag issues with MP4 videos with length ranging from 4-5min. Does it only happen with MKV and DivX? Does it happen after certain period time? If so, it could be the decoder. I think Motion2 is only (officially) supported by mirillis's codec (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 and MPEG-2).

Helios
Mirillis Team

Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:41 am

Hi all,

for problem with Motion2 and audio synchronization:
When you have strong 4Xcore machine, please try disabling HW acceleration in settings. Some GPUs hardware just can not handle such high load, when 4core CPU still can.

Please feedback,
regards,

Delerue

Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:44 pm

Helios wrote:for problem with Motion2 and audio synchronization:
When you have strong 4Xcore machine, please try disabling HW acceleration in settings. Some GPUs hardware just can not handle such high load, when 4core CPU still can.
Doesn't help at all. And I don't even understand what you said about GPU can't handle 'such high load'.

Return to “Splash PRO”