Tristan1978
PC Specification: Quad, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 4 Gb Ram

Re: Splash PRO release date

Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:58 pm

720p MKV's look brilliant with Picture 2 enhancements, love the motion interpolation!!! One problem, settin audio to SPDIF gives no sound?? spdif works with media player classic, bsplayer and countless others but not on this. PLease help!

Ghost
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: dozens...

Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:13 pm

neograniceni wrote:Motion2 works OK on my Core i5 750 / GF 8800GT (latest Nvidia drivers). Pretty less artefacts compared to 60p MVTools/Avisynth method, however worse during text overlays (end credits). I really like low CPU usage. The problem is that the video seems not to be constantly fluid as expected for 60p on 60Hz display (visible on pannings, scrolls...)...
Now we are going to focus on quality and performance optimizations of Motion2 and we hope to make a siginificant improvements. The feeling of non constantly smooth video may be because Motion2 does not work on every scene, when it would make too many artifacts it just skips working.
Tristan1978 wrote:720p MKV's look brilliant with Picture 2 enhancements, love the motion interpolation!!! One problem, settin audio to SPDIF gives no sound?? spdif works with media player classic, bsplayer and countless others but not on this. PLease help!
What is the audio type, whats your Windows version and do you use coaxial or optical cable?

Florin64x wrote:
Ghost wrote:Hi, try to disable DynamicContrast in catalyst. Should solve the problem.
And make sure you do not use Motion2 with interlaced content.
at me is disabled... but i have the same problem.
Whats resolution and framerate of the video? Does it happen with all progressive videos?
You may also try force video overlay or to disable hardware acceleration.
Mirillis Team Member

Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis
Mirillis News Feed:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/mirillisfeed

ancient
PC Specification: Core I5 430M, MobileRadeon 5650 1GB, W7

Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:30 pm

Ghost wrote:Hi, try to disable DynamicContrast in catalyst. Should solve the problem.

The Dynamic contrast in Catalyst panel was definitely the problem.
The flickering is gone after disabling this option. The motion is outstanding... :)
Thanks Ghost

crl2007
PC Specification: CPU: Q9550 GPU: GTX470 OS: 7 x64

Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:44 pm

Can you implement a subtitle positioning option ? To be able to adjust the position on the screen for mkv subtitle incorporated streams.

Also, truehd and lpcm aren't supported ? I see in the overview that lpcm should be accepted.

ace11

Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:49 pm

Audio Boost settings are not kept .

If I enable audio boost , the next time I open SP , I notice that the Audio Boost is disabled.

Also , if I enable Motion2 - the colors of the movie and the detail quality of the frames are noticeably degraded.

Any one can comment ?

neograniceni
PC Specification: i5 750/i7 860, GF 8800GT/9400GT, W7 x64

Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:01 pm

Just tested it on my HTPC (Core i7 860, GF 9400GT 1GB, 4GB RAM, W7 x64, Toshiba 1080p LCD TV). No picture in fullscreen using Motion2 and GPU acceleration (actually I can see one or two frames every few seconds) . No problem when played in window, but no video in fullscreen. If i disable hardware acceleration then it works OK. Too bad the playback is not fluid, it really stutters using Motion2 :( Digital sound (DTS) is also not working through SPDIF. Hm.

Tristan1978
PC Specification: Quad, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 4 Gb Ram

Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:02 pm

Ghost wrote:
neograniceni wrote:Motion2 works OK on my Core i5 750 / GF 8800GT (latest Nvidia drivers). Pretty less artefacts compared to 60p MVTools/Avisynth method, however worse during text overlays (end credits). I really like low CPU usage. The problem is that the video seems not to be constantly fluid as expected for 60p on 60Hz display (visible on pannings, scrolls...)...
Now we are going to focus on quality and performance optimizations of Motion2 and we hope to make a siginificant improvements. The feeling of non constantly smooth video may be because Motion2 does not work on every scene, when it would make too many artifacts it just skips working.
Tristan1978 wrote:720p MKV's look brilliant with Picture 2 enhancements, love the motion interpolation!!! One problem, settin audio to SPDIF gives no sound?? spdif works with media player classic, bsplayer and countless others but not on this. PLease help!
What is the audio type, whats your Windows version and do you use coaxial or optical cable?
Thanks for replying Ghost. the spdif prob is with dd5.1 + dts. I am running windows 7 x86 and running coax from digital out on sound card to receiver. No issues with various other software players. I get sound from all other options just not spdif. Thanks, off to bed and hope to get a response from you in the morning when I wake :) cheers
Florin64x wrote:
Whats resolution and framerate of the video? Does it happen with all progressive videos?

crl2007
PC Specification: CPU: Q9550 GPU: GTX470 OS: 7 x64

Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:08 pm

ace11 wrote:Audio Boost settings are not kept .

If I enable audio boost , the next time I open SP , I notice that the Audio Boost is disabled.
This happens to me too.

qwerty
PC Specification: AMD 8320@4,1 GHz, 16 GiB ram, Win7x64

Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:26 pm

When Motion2 is enabled audio is not synh with video. :(

Florin64x
PC Specification: Phenom II x3 720, ATI HD4200, Windows 7

Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:59 pm

Ghost wrote:
Florin64x wrote:
yes... at all progresive videos.. with video overlay on and off .. with hardware acceleration on and off

and not only on hd videos... on sd i have this problem too.. when motion^2 is on

Return to “Splash PRO”