stranded
PC Specification: Windows 10, i7 2600K, 560GTX, 8GB RAM

Re: Splash 2.0 (The New Splash Player) - Coming 2015

Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:24 pm

All options, we want to see what's new and what's improved.
aliens ain't farmers

outrun
PC Specification: i5-480M Ati Mobility 5470 Win 7 64 Home

Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:44 am

radi wrote:
stranded wrote:Looks very nice, can we have a look at the Settings window? :)

Estimated release date? Pricing?
Which one? The playback options?

As for the release date. We are still sticking to the end of this year, but there is a hope to make all Splash users a happy christmas surprise.

Wow, that's impressive news!!! Congratulations to all the Splash Pro team!

Would be possible to get an advance of the new splash Pro 2.0 features? (Maybe DVD/BD playing support? IDX/SUB subtitles support? Motion improvements? Maybe ISO playing support? And of course, is there a new minimum hard or soft requirements?). Thank you very much!

Splash viewer
PC Specification: hp quad win 7 ultimate

Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:41 pm

Will Splash 2.0 available in 64bits?

rasta_nz
PC Specification: Intel-i7-4.8GHz-ASUS-POS-980-32GB-W10

Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:13 am

radi wrote:
stranded wrote:Looks very nice, can we have a look at the Settings window? :)

Estimated release date? Pricing?
Which one? The playback options?

As for the release date. We are still sticking to the end of this year, but there is a hope to make all Splash users a happy christmas surprise.
Well, it's nearly Christmas and still no surprise!!

I think they wanted to see if there are any enhancements or tweaks to the playback settings like hardware acceleration (NVIDIA PureVideo), motion² etc and since 4K requires more CPU GPU usage, will the addition of UHD to Splash turn it into a resource hog?

In your demo clip I would've preferred if you guys tested a UHD 4K clip rather than a standard 720/1080p HD because we already know the player supports those resolutions.

The UI looks good slimmed down, that's how I use my MPC-BEx64, stripped down to the bare minimum for that sleek look.

falcao123456
PC Specification: AMD FX6300 3.5, 7970 dual x oc, windows7

Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:09 am

Is there any chance you have added support for monitors 120hz or 144hz? As TruMotion reaches higher values in televisions, there would be the chance you add support for addition to 60fps? 120fps, 144fps, 165fps?

ocd
PC Specification: Core 2 Duo + GeForce 210 + Windows 10

Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:55 pm

Come on guys, I want to laugh as much as all of you but let's be honest here, you standing at the train station and the train doesn't show up for 2 years, and you are still standing there? Really?

There must be a reason why they ditched Splash. The mods that are posting information here are probably just posting what they heard, we cannot blame them. Look how active the moderators are in this forum even 2+ year after there is no single Update or News from the Developer itself.

We don't know what their situation is. We don't know how their business is working. Maybe it is 10 year old kids in Computer programmer Sweatshop in China writing code, or little Green elves, or whatever, but looks like Santa not going to bring you any Splash Player.

My personal take is this, this team found a way to buy(or not) Codecs, you know the stuff that processes your Video data, and made a Player/Skin around it, and now that they can no longer get a good deal on the Code that makes your Videos actually run, they don't see a need to keep supporting the GUI. So until they find that guy that Sneaked them the codec updates, pretty sure we won't be seeing anything else.

sensei
PC Specification: i5-7200U, 8GB RAM, Win 10 x64

Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:51 pm

See? I told you and you didn't believe me.

rasta_nz
PC Specification: Intel-i7-4.8GHz-ASUS-POS-980-32GB-W10

Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:01 pm

ocd wrote:Come on guys, I want to laugh as much as all of you but let's be honest here, you standing at the train station and the train doesn't show up for 2 years, and you are still standing there? Really?
I think it's safe to say that the majority have most probably moved on to other video players anyway, while others just float around, coming and going as they please just to see if there's any movement.

Splash player is a great player though, it can achieve smooth playback of video without the need of third party installs such as madVR or ReClock... what a waste!! but apart from using Splash, I also use MPC-BE in conjunction with SVP4 Manager for flawless 60fps and UHD 4K content playback.

Yep... all they've done is dangle a video of the new player in front of our eye's with no actual release date!!!

stranded
PC Specification: Windows 10, i7 2600K, 560GTX, 8GB RAM

Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:05 pm

ocd wrote:Come on guys, I want to laugh as much as all of you but let's be honest here, you standing at the train station and the train doesn't show up for 2 years, and you are still standing there? Really?

There must be a reason why they ditched Splash. The mods that are posting information here are probably just posting what they heard, we cannot blame them. Look how active the moderators are in this forum even 2+ year after there is no single Update or News from the Developer itself.

We don't know what their situation is. We don't know how their business is working. Maybe it is 10 year old kids in Computer programmer Sweatshop in China writing code, or little Green elves, or whatever, but looks like Santa not going to bring you any Splash Player.

My personal take is this, this team found a way to buy(or not) Codecs, you know the stuff that processes your Video data, and made a Player/Skin around it, and now that they can no longer get a good deal on the Code that makes your Videos actually run, they don't see a need to keep supporting the GUI. So until they find that guy that Sneaked them the codec updates, pretty sure we won't be seeing anything else.
What the hell are you talking about? I know a lot of people who use Splash. The company is situated in Poland, their main goal is to sell as much Action! licenses as they can. Splash went on hiatus because of that.
aliens ain't farmers

Coverwatch
PC Specification: FX-6300, GTX 970, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10

Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:23 pm

It is the end of the year in one week and still no news or updates about the 2.0. We still don't have any demo or even a video about it. Really?

Return to “Splash PRO”