bunyarg
PC Specification: Atom230@1.6GHz, 2GB ION, Windows 7.

Is DTS actually supported?

Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:46 am

Hi, Guys.

First off.. sweet player. Picture looks and plays better than I've seen before on my machine. Very happy.

My only problem is I am unable to get a DTS sound out of the player. When using other players my amplifier shows the DTS logo and the sound difference is very impressive. I am unable to work out how to get a DTS feed out of Splash PRO though.

Please help as I am on the verge of purchasing the player. I've been waiting for PRO for ages on the promise that it will support DTS. If I could get this working it's an easy buy for me as I know it'll give me the best media experience.

Cheers :)

Helios
Mirillis Team

Re: Is DTS actually supported?

Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:39 am

Hi bunyarg,

DTS pass through is supported in Splash PRO when you choose SPDIF/HDMI in audio settings. What type of connection are you using? SPDIF optical, coaxial, HDMI?
One of known issues is two digital output connected in the same time. We are currently fixing this issue, but temporarly you can plug out unused connection or disable it in your system.

regards,

djohny
PC Specification: Phenom II 550 + ATI 5670 + 4GB DDR2

Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:48 pm

Hello!

I have a problem with some films with DD or DTS. The sound flashes randomly... but only happens with Splash! Pro, if i try with for example MPC or VLC, the same film in mkv not flashes.

Im using an integrated sound card (gigabyte 790X ud4 with realtek ALC889A HD audio) and latest drivers. Using high quality Coaxial digital cable and Creative Inspire 5700 digital.

Any suggestion? thanks!

kabar
PC Specification: Win 10 64bit, i7 5820K, GTX980 16GB DDR4

Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:29 am

I too have a problem with DTS, the MKV works fine with VLC, but Splash HD pro plays no sound with the same file. I hope it can be resolved as I have paid for the full version because of the outstanding features, its my default player.

kabar
PC Specification: Win 10 64bit, i7 5820K, GTX980 16GB DDR4

Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:16 pm

kabar wrote:I too have a problem with DTS, the MKV works fine with VLC, but Splash HD pro plays no sound with the same file. I hope it can be resolved as I have paid for the full version because of the outstanding features, its my default player.

OK, I think I found the problem. Splash has a problem with compressed DTS streams, but this can be sorted out with MKVToolnix.

I hope this info helps

Ghost
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: dozens...

Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:00 pm

Please try latest 1.2.2 version, it should fix some problems.
Mirillis Team Member

Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis
Mirillis News Feed:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/mirillisfeed

Return to “Splash PRO”