Tristan1978
PC Specification: Quad, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 4 Gb Ram

Request for cropping feature

Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:06 am

Hi Mirrilis team

There is one thing that I would really appreciate in a future release of Splash and that is a cropping feature.

I currently use MPC with ffdshow and there is a cropping feature within ffdshow that allows me to add black borders to any video I am playing. I have a 2.35:1 screen and this allows me to crop a slight bit off the top and bottom of the image (adds black bars) so that 1.78:1 and 1.85:1 movies (full screen 16:9) fit on my screen with no overhang.

I would buy this in a heartbeat if it had this feature.

MPC also has a pan & scan feature that allows you to increase height/ decrease height of the video playing. (this is assigned to the numpad so it's quick and easy to implement) I sometimes have to tap this once or twice to get the image to perfectly fit my screen. Of course this can have the impact of distorting the image but when you only need to expand/ decrease the size of an image marginally, any distortion is barely noticeable and the upside is that your video is perfectly framed by the black border of your screen.

Your thoughts on this would be much appreciated.

Tristan1978
PC Specification: Quad, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 4 Gb Ram

Re: Request for cropping feature

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:46 am

Any takers?

Helios
Mirillis Team

Re: Request for cropping feature

Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:17 am

Hi Tristan1978,

we rather thought about zoom option, which allows to zoom video in fullscreen with no aspect ratio modification.
I can not tell you exact date of adding this feature, but it will be one of Splash PRO free updates.

regards,

Return to “Splash PRO”