majsalle
PC Specification: Q6600@3,2ghz, Geforce GTX 260, Windows 7

Re: Splash PRO 1.1.0 is now available.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:43 pm

When i noticed that motion 2 was improved in Splash PRO 1.1.0 i instantly bought it.
Everything works very nicely except for sound through SPDIF. I can select SPDIF in the settings but when i play a movie there is no sound at all and video playback stops after 1-2 minutes. SPDIF bitstreaming works fine for me in both XBMC, PowerDVD, and Media Player Classic HC.

boilera
PC Specification: Windows 7 x64, E8600@4.3GHz, HD5870

Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:08 pm

Wow, the picture^2 modes are simply really good-looking and well-thought of. Especially the detail boost, for me at least. Tried the Avatar blu-ray with the said feature cranked up at +10 and you could really tell the difference. The images appeared more cleared-out and the picture itself was ... well ... more detailed. ;)
All I really want is an open-directory/open-DVD function (like in total media theater) which can open 40+ or so blu-rays (which all you know are stacked up with hundreds of files) with all menus and submenus on them. Add that up and it'll make me ditch arcsoft's player.
Nevertheless, I quite thoroughly enjoy Splash Pro and hope you develop and expand those little nice features you got there. :)

user82
PC Specification: Q6600,Ati HD-4850

Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:33 pm

the font in Black Hawk Down right at the beginning is still little problematic fpr Motion2

travolter

Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:38 pm

I wanted to congratulate Mirillis for this splash pro 1.1.0.. Im using avisynth scripts for interpolate frames .. and the light cpu usage of splash is awesome in comparison. More tweaks can be done yet to archieve better quality and I would encourage Mirillis guys to improve motion2 a bit more.. there is CPU left for increase quality-- Maybe more customization into the program so user can control more parameters would be nice.

The fast seek is awesome and about formats support I only miss mpg1 and FLV.. so go for it :)

@jka_dark28 only kids do that... so plz.. respect the hard work of Mirillis coders, dont post warez here and buy the program!
Last edited by travolter on Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

boilera
PC Specification: Windows 7 x64, E8600@4.3GHz, HD5870

Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:10 pm

Where has this splash pro 1.1.0 patch come from? Mirillis hasn't posted any information regarding the new update? Does it have a change log?

devillucifer
PC Specification: Windows7 x64, Core I7 720qm, ATI HD5730

Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:33 am

travolter wrote:I wanted to congratulate Mirillis for this splash pro 1.1.0.. Im using avisynth scripts for interpolate frames .. and the light cpu usage of splash is awesome in comparison. More tweaks can be done yet to archieve better quality and I would encourage Mirillis guys to improve motion2 a bit more.. there is CPU left for increase quality-- Maybe more customization into the program so user can control more parameters would be nice.

The fast seek is awesome and about formats support I only miss mpg1 and FLV.. so go for it :)

@jka_dark28 only kids do that... so plz.. respect the hard work of Mirillis coders, dont post warez here and buy the program!
Same here im still using Avisynth mode (1,8) with Shark007 Win7 codecs (x86 to enable avisynth)
Combo with SplashPro to play 60p movie !

the cpu usage is about the same in both software (splash pro motion2 enabled)
20-30% for full HD and 8-15% for 720p

In some case (older vids) avisynth play better, smoother no artifact with tweak !
and others work perfect on SplashPro :)

Only few problems left now are :
the FLV supported,
MPeg2 fix (with motion2 on it looks terrible with scanline and massive slowdown),
and Mp4a AAC-LC 5.1 audio codec supported.(its not working in 1.0 only output stereo not sure in 1.1 will recheck it later)

travolter

Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:48 am

devillucifer wrote:
In some case (older vids) avisynth play better, smoother no artifact with tweak !
Im not using GPU acceleration.. and the real magic comes when you try to decode WMV (VC-1) in splash.. I dont know how they do that... but the cpu usage is reduced dramatically (optimized VC-1 codec?)

icsterm
PC Specification: i7 2670QM, Nvidia GT540M, Intel HD 3000

Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:46 pm

This version is a bit bugged when it comes to audio output to HDMI and S/PDIF. One of my LCD TV's have sound when using HDMI bitstream but the other does not. Something must be terrible done wrong. Hope Mirrilis will sort things out, 8-)

Mastiffman
PC Specification: Which one? :o)

Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:19 am

devillucifer wrote:
travolter wrote:I wanted to congratulate Mirillis for this splash pro 1.1.0.. Im using avisynth scripts for interpolate frames .. and the light cpu usage of splash is awesome in comparison. More tweaks can be done yet to archieve better quality and I would encourage Mirillis guys to improve motion2 a bit more.. there is CPU left for increase quality-- Maybe more customization into the program so user can control more parameters would be nice.

Same here im still using Avisynth mode (1,8) with Shark007 Win7 codecs (x86 to enable avisynth)
Combo with SplashPro to play 60p movie !

the cpu usage is about the same in both software (splash pro motion2 enabled)
20-30% for full HD and 8-15% for 720p

Only few problems left now are :
the FLV supported,
MPeg2 fix (with motion2 on it looks terrible with scanline and massive slowdown),
and Mp4a AAC-LC 5.1 audio codec supported.(its not working in 1.0 only output stereo not sure in 1.1 will recheck it later)

Someone that wants smooth playback for Blu-Ray MKV files will be coming to Mirillis Splash pro. Especially those that have TV's with 120Hz + motion Processing. With this tech (motion processing) one can tell a huge difference in the playback software. I haven't found literally ANY other software that plays back MKV file Smoothly OTHER than Mirillis Splash Pro.

1.0 pro is nice and Smooth UNLESS the Detail or Motion 2 options are turned on. Then it gets all choppy. Pro version 1.1 has some stuttering no matter what but the detail and motion 2 options are useable... So hopefully pro 1.2+ will fix the stuttering issue that 1.1 has and still be able to use the detail and motion 2 options!

Once again this stuttering was detected (not caused by) on a Sammy 120hz processig LCD... I couldn't tell and can barely tell on my 23 and 24" HD acer minitors... Looking forward to Pro 1.2+

latino
PC Specification: Intel T9300 2Ghz and ATI HD3650, Win7-64

Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:34 am

What about buffering in Splash? can it be configured somehow? Is there any buffering at all?
In my bedroom I have poor wifi-reception, and sometimes it's not possible to play a simple 1.2GB mkv tv-show without the file stopping every few seconds. It works better in VLC bc it uses buffering.

Can anybody explain how this is implemented in Splash?

Return to “Splash PRO”