Motion2 problem

Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:18 pm

i have problems with motion2 on splash pro 1.1
add.jpg
add.jpg (252.68 KiB) Viewed 19584 times
motion2 at +10 , 60p but same problem i expect at +1, 2x

is doing this all the time .....

i use last ati drivers... on phenom II x3 720 with HD4200 integrated video

DynamicContrast in catalyst is disabled by default.

how do solv this?

Nielo TM
Expert User
PC Specification: E8200 -ATI 5450/5770 - Windows 7 (x64)

Re: Motion2 problem

Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:17 pm

This issue in question is not exclusive to motion 2

All HDTVs and software suffer from blocking artifact caused by interpolation when it fails. It'll be interesting to see how the mirillis can resolve the issue (if that is possible)

Florin64x
PC Specification: Phenom II x3 720, ATI HD4200, Windows 7

Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:40 am

Nielo TM wrote:This issue in question is not exclusive to motion 2

All HDTVs and software suffer from blocking artifact caused by interpolation when it fails. It'll be interesting to see how the mirillis can resolve the issue (if that is possible)
i have this issue only with motion 2 on. :) in rest works fine.

Nielo TM
Expert User

Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:35 am

Sorry, I should have worded better

Motion 2 is proprietary motion interpolation algorithm, which creates new frames from existing frames. But it's not perfect and when it fails, blocky artifacts are produced (as you've clearly captured). ATM, I'm not aware of any real-time frame-interpolation algorithm that is perfect or close to perfection.

If the artifacts bother you, then disable Motion 2.

PS: HDTVs also use similar algorithm from all the once I've reviewed have such problem. Apparently Panasonic have managed to get it to produce very accurate frames, but I don't know if that's true or not.

Florin64x
PC Specification: Phenom II x3 720, ATI HD4200, Windows 7

Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:50 pm

Nielo TM wrote:Sorry, I should have worded better

Motion 2 is proprietary motion interpolation algorithm, which creates new frames from existing frames. But it's not perfect and when it fails, blocky artifacts are produced (as you've clearly captured). ATM, I'm not aware of any real-time frame-interpolation algorithm that is perfect or close to perfection.

If the artifacts bother you, then disable Motion 2.

PS: HDTVs also use similar algorithm from all the once I've reviewed have such problem. Apparently Panasonic have managed to get it to produce very accurate frames, but I don't know if that's true or not.
if i disable motion 2 i have no reason to use pro version.

Nielo TM
Expert User

Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:28 pm

mirillis will continue to improve the algorithm with every release and they are in the process of trying to get it to work on the GPU as it is far better at parallel processing. But it will take time as it's not easy developing for the GP=GPU.

PS: By buying the software, you're also supporting the development team. Also, unlike many develops, mirillis listen to their consumers and provide feedback.

icsterm
PC Specification: i7 2670QM, Nvidia GT540M, Intel HD 3000

Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:25 am

Nielo TM wrote:mirillis will continue to improve the algorithm with every release and they are in the process of trying to get it to work on the GPU as it is far better at parallel processing. But it will take time as it's not easy developing for the GP=GPU.

PS: By buying the software, you're also supporting the development team. Also, unlike many develops, mirillis listen to their consumers and provide feedback.
Hope so ... Splash needs a masive feature boost to grab attention. Now some basic features lack. Like custom file association feature, flac codec, more fine tuning, a more advanced media info tool. Plus some bugfixes not solved yet.

Mastiffman
PC Specification: Which one? :o)

Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:14 am

icsterm wrote:
Nielo TM wrote:mirillis will continue to improve the algorithm with every release and they are in the process of trying to get it to work on the GPU as it is far better at parallel processing. But it will take time as it's not easy developing for the GP=GPU.

Hope so ... Splash needs a masive feature boost to grab attention. Now some basic features lack. Like custom file association feature, flac codec, more fine tuning, a more advanced media info tool. Plus some bugfixes not solved yet.
I'm not sure if you understand the HTPC croud here.... Someone that wants smooth playback for Blu-Ray MKV files will be coming to Mirillis Splash pro. Especially those that have TV's with 120Hz + motion Processing. With this tech (motion processing) one can tell a huge difference in the playback software. I haven't found literally ANY other software that plays back MKV file Smoothly OTHER than Mirillis Splash Pro. 1.0 pro is nice and Smooth UNLESS the Detail or Motion 2 options are turned on. Then it gets all choppy. Pro version 1.1 has some stuttering no matter what but the detail and motion 2 options are useable... So hopefully pro 1.2+ will fix the stuttering issue that 1.1 has and still be able to use the detail and motion 2 options!

Return to “Splash PRO”