grimpster
PC Specification: Win7

How long your license key last?

Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:38 pm

If you decide to purchase splash pro how long does it last for?

icsterm
PC Specification: i7 2670QM, Nvidia GT540M, Intel HD 3000

Re: How long your license key last?

Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:11 am

it should include all lifetime updates for the bought version.

Ghost
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: dozens...

Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:15 pm

icsterm wrote:it should include all lifetime updates for the bought version.
[edited by Ghost]
Lifetime license means that you may use Splash PRO 1.x.x.x for unlimited time, without any yearly renewals,
but upgrade to 2.x.x.x will be not free.
Mirillis Team Member

Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis
Mirillis News Feed:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/mirillisfeed

sjc1963
PC Specification: Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit

Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:34 pm

Ghost wrote:
icsterm wrote:it should include all lifetime updates for the bought version.
True :)
Does this mean only for Splash Pro 1.x.x.x and when 2.x.x.x comes out we have to pay for it then? You should state if it is either lifetime of the product version series, i.e. 1.x.x.x, or the lifetime of the buyer.

P.S.

I just bought a copy of Splash Pro today.

nunatak
PC Specification: E6300 @3.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 9800GT, Win7 x64

Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:22 pm

Updates - free, upgrades - small fee.

sjc1963

Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:47 pm

nunatak wrote:Updates - free, upgrades - small fee.
Than it isn't truly a lifetime license. Most other software providers offer the same without stating "lifetime". Its sort of misleading. If they wanted to they could jump from 1.2.4.0 today to 2.0.0.0 tomorrow and I would have to pay a fee if I wanted the new bug fixes and features. When I hear "lifetime" license, in this context, I think that version number is irrelevant. As long as it is being produced I can use each newer version.
Last edited by sjc1963 on Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joco1114
Expert User
PC Specification: Windows 7, Intel Core 2 6750, nVidia 260

Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:11 pm

My opionion that you have to wait an answer from Mirillis team. :)
IMHO this $17 is not so high, it's about 5 empty Blu-Ray disk in here. (if you have to pay full price on upgrade but I dont think so)
Home Theater:
Silverstone GD01 | nVidia GTX 460 | Asus Xonar HDAV 1.3
Epson EH-TW3600 (aka. 8350) | 100" DIY screen
Marantz SR8001 THX Select2 surround receiver
Polkaudio speakers: RTi 10 | CSi 5 | FXi 5 | PSW 505
Synology NAS 1010+ | 9TB HDD

sjc1963

Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:15 pm

Joco1114 wrote:My opionion that you have to wait an answer from Mirillis team. :)
IMHO this $17 is not so high, it's about 5 empty Blu-Ray disk in here. (if you have to pay full price on upgrade but I dont think so)
Price is Irrelevant.

nunatak
PC Specification: E6300 @3.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 9800GT, Win7 x64

Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:53 pm

Helios wrote: 3. lifetime, we didnt event think of shorter licence ;), updates for free, upgrades with very attractive discount. Seeing Splash PRO price can you still think we are greedy? :( Remember we pay a lot for licencies and patents (a LOT!)
4. Ultimate version would have to cost as much as Splash BD + some licences from DVD, TV, HD-Cam and PRO, now we can not release it, but of course, there will be a discount for Splash customers.
I do think it's lifetime, you can use it "as is" at the time of the purchase for as long as you want. No one promised you that new features will be free of charge, only minor updates and bug fixes.
It's true that they can just jump from the current version to version 2.0 and to ask everyone for an upgrade fee without proper reason, but no one will ever do that because all their clients will leave them.

sjc1963

Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:47 pm

I do think it's lifetime, you can use it "as is" at the time of the purchase for as long as you want. No one promised you that new features will be free of charge, only minor updates and bug fixes.
I'm not talking about different versions like Pro and Pro Export, but the same program throughout all its versions. Most other software providers say that you can use the version series you bought forever you just don't get any more updates. They don't put Lifetime license on their sites. Using the term lifetime in this context is misleading hence why this topic was put here to begin with by others. Lifetime license implies the lifetime of the program, not its versions updates. It doesn't say lifetime license for the current version series only. The only program here that has a true Lifetime license is Splash Lite...

According to the FAQ this is an upgrade;
What will be required for product upgrade to a new version?

The following information may be required for product upgrades (i.e. from Splash PRO to Splash PRO Export): PRODUCT SERIAL NUMBER, MIRILLIS TRANSACTION ID, CUSTOMER E-MAIL. All of this information is sent by Mirillis in product purchase confirmation e-mail. You must keep this e-mail for your records, as it contains required information not only for product upgrades but also to obtain customer and technical support.
This is not what I'm taking about and I wouldn't expect this to be part of a lifetime license either.
It's true that they can just jump from the current version to version 2.0 and to ask everyone for an upgrade fee without proper reason, but no one will ever do that because all their clients will leave them.
I can name one or two that have done that sort of thing.

Return to “Splash PRO”