boilera
PC Specification: Windows 7 x64, E8600@4.3GHz, HD5870

Motion2 on ATI cards

Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:42 pm

I'm currently using the trial version of Splash Pro. I have been experiencing problems when motion2 gets accelerated on an ATi GPU since the day before yesterday (when I actually installed the player). All I get is a constant picture flickering as if the brightness is invariably shimmering all over the screen real estate. In murky and obscure movie sequences (especially dark ones) is not that visible and noticeable. But in brightly lit and vivid scenes it's way too distinguishable. However, motion2 is all bells and whistles when being processed through the CPU (it has some minor visual artifacts but I'm sure they can be dealt with in the near future).
So, are main culprits the ATi drivers or is the player not too friendly-adjusted towards ATi cards at this stage of development?
P.S. Experiments done on a freshly-installed and whql-ed Catalyst 10.7. Same haps with the 10.6...

devillucifer
PC Specification: Windows7 x64, Core I7 720qm, ATI HD5730

Re: Motion2 on ATI cards

Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:11 am

yesterday, I just installed catalyst 10.7 (previewbeta)
and it does have the same flashing screen like u said above.

So i went to catalyst menu > Avivo > turn off dynamic contrast (advanced tab - in the far end)
Everything back to normal !!
i guess after installed the new driver they automatic turn on this option which i alway leave it off.

8-)

Return to “Splash PRO”