robl45
PC Specification: x2 2200+ gt430 win7

can splash pro use ffdshow audio?

Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:52 am

as the subject says, can splash pro use ffdshow audio? I need to encode my audio to ac3 5.1 for my receiver and it doesn't appear that splash pro has this feature.

Ghost
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: dozens...

Re: can splash pro use ffdshow audio?

Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:26 am

Hi, Splash cannot use ffaudio.

What do you mean that Splash does not have this feature?
What feature exactly? Do you mean audio bitstreaming? If yes, please check Splash PRO audio settings.
Mirillis Team Member

Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis
Mirillis News Feed:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/mirillisfeed

robl45

Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:57 pm

Ghost wrote:Hi, Splash cannot use ffaudio.

What do you mean that Splash does not have this feature?
What feature exactly? Do you mean audio bitstreaming? If yes, please check Splash PRO audio settings.

it doesn't appear to do ac3 encoding, i'm not sure how to be more clear than that. my receiver only supports dolby digital. when i tried before I was not getting dolby digital. i was just getting stereo.

pirotrav
PC Specification: i7 2600k, radeon hd6870, 8gb RAM, win7

Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:21 am

Hmm not sure I follow entirely. AC3 and Dolby Digital are synonymous with one another. The only codec I have run into trouble with is dolby truehd, as truehd does not have a CORE file like DTS-HD does. In order to use splash to play Dolby Digital HD tracks, you need to connect via HDMI. However, AC3 which is the same as standard Dolby Digital is supported. Hopefully this helps.

robl45

Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:33 am

pirotrav wrote:Hmm not sure I follow entirely. AC3 and Dolby Digital are synonymous with one another. The only codec I have run into trouble with is dolby truehd, as truehd does not have a CORE file like DTS-HD does. In order to use splash to play Dolby Digital HD tracks, you need to connect via HDMI. However, AC3 which is the same as standard Dolby Digital is supported. Hopefully this helps.
okay, lets say you have AAC 5.1 audio in a file, how do you get it to AC3 for the receiver?

pirotrav
PC Specification: i7 2600k, radeon hd6870, 8gb RAM, win7

Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:29 am

I don't believe splash supports AAC 5.1 files as a bitstreaming format. If it does, keep in mind your receiver will also need to support this format. Perhaps ghost can shed more light on this. If your receiver (or splash) does not support this format, you would have to demux the AAC file, transcode it to AC3 or DTS, and then remux it into the video. If you are unfamiliar with 'Muxing' do a bit of research on the keyword multiplexing. Or you could just do a straight transcode depending on the software in question. Try 'mediacoder' for this option.

Otherwise you need something like ffaudio that does the transcode/encode on the fly. This software reads in the file, converts it, and reassembles it as an ac3 file, which allows receivers to understand it. As of now splash does not support any such thing.

Hope that helps.
~Travis

Return to “Splash PRO”