Vsevolod
PC Specification: Windows7, GeForce GTX280 Core2 Duo E8600

Splash PRO & subtitles & 10-bit video

Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:45 pm

Dear developers, thank you for an excellent product. I am pleased to take them. I hope that you will support the operation of the product at the highest level, adding the necessary functionality.
I have two questions on the compatibility of Splash PRO:
1. Will adds compatibility with 10-bit video?
2. Will be complete compatibility Splash PRO and subtitles? While compatibility is only implemented at the grassroots level, without the support of fonts, animation, and positioning of text and vector graphics.

With respect to the developers.

ericksuke
PC Specification: E5300 2.6 @2.9 - GT240 D3 - WinXP SP3

Re: Splash PRO & subtitles & 10-bit video

Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:38 pm

I also hope that the player has support for Hi10p.
Sadly, I do not hold much hope. Splash Pro is lagging behind the video formats that are increasingly being used more (Hi10p, Webm). And as you mention, the subtitle support is rudimentary.

However, all is not lost:
There are two interesting alternatives to replace the use of Splah Pro with these videos may not be reproduced by the same:
1. There is a Korean player called Daum PotPlayer, this player has the option to "Motion Blur" that has an effect similar to Motion2 of "Splash Pro". It is lighter to 720p (30% less CPU), but is heavier in 1080p. It has full support for subtitles, fonts, styles, karaoke (SSA effect disabled by default, greatly increases the load on the CPU).

I am testing the version "portable" with very good results. Do not forget to check "Motion Blur", I suggest a package to activate "Luma Sharpen," too.

2. There is also a Russian project called "SmoothVideo Project (SVP)", which allows us to interpolate frames in almost any player that we have installed on your computer. I got good results by changing the settings for "duplicate frames" only. It was necessary to correct the gap in 200ms audio arising from the use of SVP. I tested the interpolation in MPC, a player that comes with the K-Lite CodecPack and has full support for subtitles, and WebM Hi10p among others. An alternative to experiment.

Translated from Spanish by Google.
Last edited by ericksuke on Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ghost
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: dozens...

Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:31 am

Hi and thanks for your feedback.

10 bit is planned but we do not work on this now and we do not expect it to be available very soon.

We also plan to improve subtitles engine and it will be improved faster than 10bit support.
Mirillis Team Member

Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis
Mirillis News Feed:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/mirillisfeed

nambit
PC Specification: Windows 7

Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:39 am

Ghost wrote:Hi and thanks for your feedback.

10 bit is planned but we do not work on this now and we do not expect it to be available very soon.

We also plan to improve subtitles engine and it will be improved faster than 10bit support.
That sucks big time for anime fans as Hi10P has become the standard for anime releases an splash PRO is no longer useful for us. I`m very very disappointed to read this as I`ve been waiting since late summer for support. At least allow external codec support for us poor fans of anime. I`m sick of using these other media options. I now am considering XBMC which is so disappointing. :(

nambit

Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:26 am

So it's been over a year... and no 10-bit. Help!

nambit

Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:11 am

nambit wrote:So it's been over a year... and no 10-bit. Help!
Dude, either you are talking to yourself, or your message is not being received. I am going crazy.... I need my 10-bit.... I want my 10-bit. Where's my anime? Oh right... it's all green. Green I tell you! since 2011 we've been asking, waiting patiently... and the screen is still green. Please, someone help. I really want to enjoy this player again... but everything is going green when I try. Help, and thanks...

Please, save me from the green.

radi
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: i7-3610QM, 8GB RAM, GTX 660M

Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:24 am

There's no specified release date for 10 bit video support.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

Return to “Splash PRO”