Indy
PC Specification: i3-2330m 6gb

Re: Official Splash Pro closure thread

Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:11 pm

Q2 2012 isn't that far away. Anyways, some suggestions for the next version. Motion2 still has artifacts on moving images. Also, I'd like to see a denoise feature (a slider with different settings). I know it's probably built into the detail boost feature, but it might help with higher detail settings. cheers 8-)

mattisdada
PC Specification: i7 2700k@4.3ghz, nVidia 460 , 12TB* HDD

Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:32 am

1. How is this official?
2. There a tiny team, of about 2-3 people. They do amazing work, do you have any idea how complex CODECs are? Here's a snipped from h.264

Code: Select all

ret |= add_flags( &cpu0, &cpu1, X264_CPU_FMA4, "FMA4" );
        cpu1 &= ~X264_CPU_FMA4;
    }
    if( x264_cpu_detect() & X264_CPU_FMA3 )
    {
        ret |= add_flags( &cpu0, &cpu1, X264_CPU_FMA3, "FMA3" );
        cpu1 &= ~X264_CPU_FMA3;
    }
    if( x264_cpu_detect() & X264_CPU_BMI1 )
    {
        ret |= add_flags( &cpu0, &cpu1, X264_CPU_BMI1, "BMI1" );
        if( x264_cpu_detect() & X264_CPU_TBM )
        {
            ret |= add_flags( &cpu0, &cpu1, X264_CPU_TBM, "TBM" );
            cpu1 &= ~X264_CPU_TBM;
        }
        if( x264_cpu_detect() & X264_CPU_BMI2 )
        {
            ret |= add_flags( &cpu0, &cpu1, X264_CPU_BMI2, "BMI2" );
            cpu1 &= ~X264_CPU_BMI2;
        }
        cpu1 &= ~X264_CPU_BMI1;
    }
    if( x264_cpu_detect() & X264_CPU_AVX2 )
        ret |= add_flags( &cpu0, &cpu1, X264_CPU_AVX2, "AVX2" );
, that just detects the CPU and some basic capabilities
3. They have given an update on there FB:
Currently we are working on major changes. We want this update to be as good as possible and it still needs some testing, because we don't want you to be disappointed :)
4. Yes they probably should give an update or two, but what can you do? And its not like its not already a great product. Even though i may be an updateaholic, its still the best player around, hands down.(In my own opinion obviously)
5. They've been focusing on Action! recently.

monkeyman
PC Specification: Pretty good one.

Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:48 am

mattisdada wrote:1. How is this official?
If you try to read carefully next time, you'll probably notice, that I've wanted anybody from the dev team answer here and either say "Yes, it's closed" or object. Since they never even cared about answering and allow such topic to thrive, they don't care AT ALL.
mattisdada wrote:2. There a tiny team, of about 2-3 people. They do amazing work, do you have any idea how complex CODECs are?
So what? I have a web-shop, which I run myself plus I have developed several extensions for different engines. And I DO provide FULL support for my customers. I answer EVERY request in 24 hours, because this is a responsibility. If you don't want it - don't go public.
mattisdada wrote:3. They have given an update on there FB:
Ah, so they have time for FB, but don't care about their own support forums? Perfect job!
mattisdada wrote:5. They've been focusing on Action! recently.
This doesn't mean they don't have to support other products or provide any updates, at least informational.

mattisdada
PC Specification: i7 2700k@4.3ghz, nVidia 460 , 12TB* HDD

Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:01 pm

I work as a web developer and software engineer myself as well. But, there was no guarantee of constant updates when your purchased this product. They'll update when they need to.

Official updates and FB updates are two very separate things. If you notice in the quote, there is nothing really that committing.

Also, what exactly are you wanting them to update? Apart from just the obvious joy of updating software, what are you looking for?

And comparing this kind of product to web / browser extensions is two very different things. This product is wayy more complicated. I honestly think your just kicking up a fuss over nothing.

If your wanting the actual commercial support instead of the community support, use there email support@mirillis.com . This forum is more designed for the community than anything official. They are usually fairly quick in responding to any query emailed to support@

monkeyman

Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:25 pm

mattisdada wrote:I work as a web developer and software engineer myself as well. But, there was no guarantee of constant updates when your purchased this product. They'll update when they need to.
And lots of topics about issues with sound, video, subtitles etc. are not enough to be considered as "need to"?
mattisdada wrote:Also, what exactly are you wanting them to update? Apart from just the obvious joy of updating software, what are you looking for?
Please, run thru this forum and see for yourself. There're plenty things to update. Subtitles handling and sound issues are my personal complaints, if you wish to know.
mattisdada wrote:And comparing this kind of product to web / browser extensions is two very different things. This product is wayy more complicated. I honestly think your just kicking up a fuss over nothing.
You think wrong. I do think, there's no difference in product scale - even the smallest one should have nice and cozy support. All my extensions are free, however I've spent quite some time on them. But I do support them as they were paid. As I said, it's all about responsibility and attitude.
mattisdada wrote:If your wanting the actual commercial support instead of the community support, use there email support@mirillis.com . This forum is more designed for the community than anything official. They are usually fairly quick in responding to any query emailed to support@
I don't need support, I need some broken/absent things to be fixed/added. As well as others do.

deadspeak
PC Specification: intel core i3 530, win 7 ultimate 64bit,

Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:22 pm

i'm not expecting one on one dealings, but a lone respnse in their own support forums is not too much to ask. i've paid for a product in good faith. If there's one way to annoy your customers who keep you in business it's to ignore them. it's also a very good way to give those same paying customers doubts when you release a new product that you would like them to buy. I know i work in a customer driven enviroment.

P.J
PC Specification: i5-4460, 16GB RAM, GTX 960, Win10 x64

Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:15 pm

@monkeyman: Have you ever tried other company forums too?
They are no better than this too, maybe a few...

Later is better than never :idea:

monkeyman

Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:33 am

P.J wrote:@monkeyman: Have you ever tried other company forums too?
They are no better than this too, maybe a few...
Maybe I'm lucky, but this one is probably the worst. Others tend to give at least some support. Also, I do like Splash Pro and care about it. Unfortunately it looks like developers don't.

deadspeak
PC Specification: intel core i3 530, win 7 ultimate 64bit,

Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:51 pm

received a response from my tweet yesterday stating that a major update is incoming, but testing is still needed so no ETA can be given yet.

Ghost
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: dozens...

Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:44 am

At first we are very sorry for this situation. We are aware that we have left Splash forums neglected
focusing on Action! product in last months. We are still working on Splash projects and in few days
we will maintain forums.

Even when we do not reply for threads and posts we still read forums regularly noting your
suggestions and bug reports. We will leave no thread without reply from our team. In few days our new
forum moderators: lluvia and Gooli will be ready to maintain forum and from this time forum will be
updated much more regularly.

You said that we have time to post on facebook but we don’t have time to post here. We adapted our
facebook page to provide better and easier way to get your issues solved. We launched a dedicated
Support Desk tab, where you can fill out the form and report your difficulties with our products.
Looks like we focused too much on social media like facebook or twitter. It was wrong of us to abandon a committed people that gather around our forum. We sincerely apologize to you for that.

Please also remember that primary technical support is provided by e-mail.
If you have major problems or urgent messages please contact support@mirillis.com or use
Facebook Support Desk tab. With e-mail support we usually provide a reply within 1-2 business days.
Mirillis Team Member

Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis
Mirillis News Feed:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/mirillisfeed

Return to “Splash PRO”