monkeyman
PC Specification: Pretty good one.

Official Splash Pro closure thread

Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:02 am

With this thread I want to attract the attention of the developers. Looks like Splash Pro was abandoned, since there were no updates for a long time and no support in corresponding threads. So, please, at least find some courage to officially announce, that this project is dead. We do see, that you have a new toy called Action, so it would be honest to inform you customers about fate of the "old toys".

deadspeak
PC Specification: intel core i3 530, win 7 ultimate 64bit,

Re: Official Splash Pro closure thread

Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:45 am

very frustrating that there seems to no communication at all from the devs. not reaponding to tweets either. paid for product that i cannot use or communicate with the devs about = poor customer service indeed!! :cry:

sensei
PC Specification: i5-7200U, 8GB RAM, Win 10 x64

Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:02 pm

Maybe they're working on 2.0 and they're too busy?

monkeyman

Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:25 pm

sensei wrote:Maybe they're working on 2.0 and they're too busy?
This is the lamest excuse ever.

Styvesant
PC Specification: 3570K, 680, 8gb RAM, Windows 7 (x64)

Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:47 am

monkeyman wrote:
sensei wrote:Maybe they're working on 2.0 and they're too busy?
This is the lamest excuse ever.
They're too busy working on Action! and to be quite honest, I think the whole Mirillis company consists of like 2-3 people.
Splash PRO

monkeyman

Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:34 am

Styvesant wrote: They're too busy working on Action! and to be quite honest, I think the whole Mirillis company consists of like 2-3 people.
Guess, they're tied to chairs and a big black master hits them with whiplash, if they even think of doing anything except their main work. Can't come up with other reasons of their absence on forums.

deadspeak
PC Specification: intel core i3 530, win 7 ultimate 64bit,

Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:42 pm

It's fair enough if the're a small team, but there is really no excuse these days not to keep your user base informed of what's going on especially as it's a paid product. In the end the apparent lack of development on splashpro and the definate lack of communication will in the end push people to look for another solution, as i have. After much messing around and plenty of trial and error i'm now using MPC-Homecinema and it works great. the next version of splash will have to do something great to make me want to use it, and if the ever elusive spash blu-ray player makes an apperance i will definatly question whether it's worth the purchase. Will support for that drop off when the next thing pops up? on current trend i would assume so.

Indy
PC Specification: i3-2330m 6gb

Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:52 pm

Well I hope they're still developing this product. I did another comparison yesterday with KM Player, Pot Player and VLC, and none of the other players can come close to the detail boost the Splash player offers. Pot Player is ok with sharpness on full and denoise enabled, but it's still not as good. Would do you guys think????? :ugeek:

P.J
PC Specification: i5-4460, 16GB RAM, GTX 960, Win10 x64

Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:04 pm

Next update will be in Q2 2012 :?

gmit
PC Specification: Quad Core Athlon, Radeon 4200, Win7

Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:16 pm

Indy wrote:Well I hope they're still developing this product. I did another comparison yesterday with KM Player, Pot Player and VLC, and none of the other players can come close to the detail boost the Splash player offers. Pot Player is ok with sharpness on full and denoise enabled, but it's still not as good. Would do you guys think????? :ugeek:
I don't really care. Until I encounter a format it cannot read (which probably won't happen anytime soon), I'm completely happy with SplashPro as it is now.

Return to “Splash PRO”