jdpurvis
PC Specification: m15x, i7-940mx, Nvidia 240m, Win 7 ult

Re: Splash PRO EX is now available!

Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:43 pm

So I requested the upgrade, and received the email with confirmation. I uninstalled Splash Pro, installed the trial version of EX, then tried to activate. I entered both of the long passwords, but I cannot put anything into the "for" box that would allow me to activate (name, with or without middle initial, initials, order number, email, ...)I even tried the network name of this computer. I sent a message to Support - no response yet. I do have a copy of Splash Pro on another machine (in storage) - but I do not know why that should make a difference.

Any ideas?

Joe Purvis

Ghost
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: dozens...

Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:10 pm

jdpurvis wrote:So I requested the upgrade, and received the email with confirmation. I uninstalled Splash Pro, installed the trial version of EX, then tried to activate. I entered both of the long passwords, but I cannot put anything into the "for" box that would allow me to activate (name, with or without middle initial, initials, order number, email, ...)I even tried the network name of this computer. I sent a message to Support - no response yet. I do have a copy of Splash Pro on another machine (in storage) - but I do not know why that should make a difference.

Any ideas?

Joe Purvis
Hmmm I will take a closer look at this problem.

Try to make everything in this order:
1) open about window
2) open activate tab
3) fill in "license for" form (your name or nickname)
4) copy and paste PRO serial
5) copy and paste EX serial
Mirillis Team Member

Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis
Mirillis News Feed:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/mirillisfeed

nunatak
PC Specification: E6300 @3.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 9800GT, Win7 x64

Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:25 pm

1 more feature request:
Custom audio bitrate.

I did a comparison with Handbrake.

The original file is:
Container: M2TS
Video type: H.264
Video: 23.976fps, 20398kbps
Audio type: AC3
Audio: 5.1ch 256kbps (X4 tracks)

Settings used:
MP4 container
H.264 / AAC
6247kbps video bitrate
128kbps audio bitrate (2ch, 1 track only)

Here are the results from best to worst.

Splash with encoding acceleration only:
80% cpu
01:11 minutes

Splash with decoding+encoding acceleration without aero:
55% cpu
01:26 minutes

Splash with decoding+encoding acceleration:
55% cpu
01:32 minutes

Splash with decoding acceleration only:
75% cpu
02:36 minutes

Splash without acceleration:
82% cpu
02:55 minutes

handbrake:
97% cpu
03:08 minutes

Splash did much better than handbrake( :D ), but are these results normal? I think you should let the user make a selection between less time or lower CPU usage.

jdpurvis

Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:27 pm

Thanks for the quick response. I did just as you suggested, ghost - I opened "about", clicked on Activate, and copied and pasted both serial numbers. No matter what I enter into the "for" box, the "Activate" button remains greyed, and I cannot activate. A puzzlement.

Joe

jdpurvis

Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:33 pm

Very strange I realized that I entrered the "for" last", even this time. But if I do it in just the order you stated - fill in"for" before I enter the serial numbers- it works.

Now I have to figure out why the stuttering came back. Last time it turned out to be the Nvidia driver, so I'm betting that's the problem again.

Many thanks for your help,

Joe

vivan
Expert User
PC Specification: Acer Aspire TimelineX 3830TG

Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:35 am

Ghost wrote:Vivan: about your performance issues there must be some problem with encoder or decoder setup on your CPU.
We will try to investigate this.
By the way the same problem with software decoding - on one high bitrate video (1280x720@60 fps, maximum bitrate was limited to about 120 mbits, while it wants (for decent quality, Q=18) about 300), at the moment with bitrate >70 mbit it starting losing frames, while cpu load is such
Ghost wrote:Can you download the sample clip from: http://mirillis.com/en/products/splashe ... mance.html
And check the exporting performance (time and CPU cores usage) for 1080p high profile, video quality normal 19.2Mbit.
with and without video decoding acceleration in settings/export.
with: 17s, cpu is about 80% and threads usage is uniform. Without: 20s, cpu usage is the same.
With "fast" quality all threads are also maximised. So problem appears only in high quality preset.
Desktop (Intel i7-970, ATI 5870, Windows 7 x64)
Acer Aspire TimelineX 3830TG (Intel i5-2410M, nVidia GT540M, Windows 7 x64)
PS Vita, Nokia N8

xw0lf
PC Specification: quad core @ 3.4ghz.... etc

Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:05 pm

i can confirm that not only export options are added..
if this is same build as normal PRO version (latest one is 1.7.0), just with added/features.. here are more options/improvements than standard PRO 1.7.0... not only export features..

subtitles now have much more encoding options (actually support for regional characters).. before there are only "system default".. now there are big list (just like in other players) including "central european, cyrilic... etc etc

thanx!

vivan
Expert User
PC Specification: Acer Aspire TimelineX 3830TG

Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:40 pm

Tried to convert video from my camera (Panasonic HDC-TM300). Deinterlacing in export settings is set to "auto".
When profile resolution is 1080p result video is interlaced. When 720p - progressive.
So it's either a bug or it should be option to force deinterlacing. Also it would be nice to have an option for exporting with double fps.
Desktop (Intel i7-970, ATI 5870, Windows 7 x64)
Acer Aspire TimelineX 3830TG (Intel i5-2410M, nVidia GT540M, Windows 7 x64)
PS Vita, Nokia N8

aviwil
PC Specification: ASUS G73SW,i7-2630QM,16GB,Nvidia 460M

Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:12 am

I received the free upgrade , but have not yet upgraded , as I notice that I can't have both Pro and Pro Ex at the same time .
I have an underpowered system , and Splash Pro has been the best player for me . For just doing normal Pro stuff ( and not utilizing Pro Ex functions ) , would I be better off with just Pro version ( i.e. I may feel a performance overhead with Pro EX ) , or would there be no difference ?
Thanks .

Ghost
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: dozens...

Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:38 am

vivan: this is a bug with 1080p profile. will be fixed in upcoming release.

aviwil: no difference, the only difference at the moment is that Ex version already supports subtitles encoding, but this will be added in PRO version in next update.
Mirillis Team Member

Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis
Mirillis News Feed:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/mirillisfeed

Return to “Splash PRO EX (Export)”