Phoenix
PC Specification: i7@3.7/32 GB RAM/Dual GeForce GTX 770M

Why has the development stopped?

Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:46 am

It is really sad that the development for Splash Player has stopped it is the one and only player in the market that can play videos @ 60 FPS without the need for installing a ton of other programs. I used SVP before but I hate it that I have to install ffdshow, LAV, madVR, avisynth, reclock, etc just to get it to work and configuring it is a big pain!

Also if you are using MPC-HC and quickly try to seek between diff. portions of the movie it freezes for about 3 to 5 seconds

So I tried Splash Player and it gave me what I want that it plays movies @ 60 FPS with super high quality and no settings or codecs needed to be installed! i'ts simply amazing and I bought the PRO EX version just to support the company

Why is it gonna stop development? :( This is the best player in the world hands down and there are no other alternatives

mozkan007
PC Specification: Core i7-3610QM GeForce GT650M Win8 x64

Re: Why has the development stopped?

Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:01 pm

Absolutely I support you.I have addicted to this product since I have meet it.Because it has the best video quality and perfect motion feature in the player market.I hope mirillis team will continue to develop motion feature, codec performance etc of the player soon.I am looking forward to the new update.Thanks.

rasta_nz
PC Specification: Intel-i7-4.8GHz-ASUS-POS-980-32GB-W10

Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:56 am

Waste my time and money if there is no more effort being put into this...

radi
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: i7-3610QM, 8GB RAM, GTX 660M

Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:52 pm

I understand your irritation. Splash players development has been currently postponed due to other company priorities. Splash players are still good and stable video players which are used by thousand of users around the world.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

verbster
PC Specification: win 8,intel core 7-3770, nvidia gt620

Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:48 am

I just bought Pro EX today . . . If I would have known development had stopped, I probably would have gone elsewhere. Funny my research didn't turn this up.

Marsianin
PC Specification: Core i7 965, 12Gb, 2xGTX280, Win7 x64

Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:30 am

I'm registered user of SplashPro EX for a long time and think it's the best video player on market but I had to move to SVP because SplashPro works awful on my 4k TV in 3840x2160 (via HDMI 2.0 on GTX980) so this:
radi wrote:Splash players are still good and stable video players.
is not true :(

Please make a new version with support for 4k displays and mkv audio track language names (if I have several movie translations I just get 5 "russian" audio tracks). I have no idea who use this useless Action! Please continue with Splash Pro!

Phoenix
PC Specification: i7@3.7/32 GB RAM/Dual GeForce GTX 770M

Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:26 am

yeah and it's a shame it can't play simple FLV files! heh

radi
Mirillis Team

Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:49 pm

MaXimus wrote:yeah and it's a shame it can't play simple FLV files! heh
FLV is not really an HD experience format. That's why it isn't supported.
Follow us on Twitter:
Find us on Facebook:

flickster
PC Specification: Windows 7 Pro, i7 3820QM, Nvida K2000M

Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:49 pm

radi wrote:I understand your irritation. Splash players development has been currently postponed due to other company priorities. Splash players are still good and stable video players which are used by thousand of users around the world.
Yes radi it is a great product but just because it used to be one of the best players on the market doesn't mean you should stop development for over 2 years.

This has given many of your competitor 2 years to catch-up and start implementing some of the great features only Splash had.

Also, just because thousands of people are still using your product is no excuse to stop development, can you imagine where Microsoft Windows would be now if they took that approach... There is millions of people still using Windows XP but you don't see them stopping development of their operating system platform or they would slowly fall behind.

This is what is happening to Splash player and eventually very few people will purchase it if they find out development has stopped, which I am sure you can work out means no continued income stream.

I wonder how many people would continue to purchase your product if you advertised on the front page right next to the buy option that development has been stopped...

Please think about once again starting development of this great product in the very near future.

radi
Mirillis Team

Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:55 pm

We have announced that Splash 2.0 will be released this year.
Follow us on Twitter:
Find us on Facebook:

Return to “Splash PRO EX (Export)”