isaiah

What's your update policy

Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:02 am

I mean major upgrades for Splash BD, not minor upgrades.
ex: version 1 to 2
How much is the fee?
Although I hope it's lifetime update for free.

You write these in your website, but it's not clear.
"What will be required for product upgrade to a new version?
The following information may be required for product upgrades (i.e. from Splash PRO to Splash PRO Export): PRODUCT SERIAL NUMBER, MIRILLIS TRANSACTION ID, CUSTOMER E-MAIL. All of this information is sent by Mirillis in product purchase confirmation e-mail. You must keep this e-mail for your records, as it contains required information not only for product upgrades but also to obtain customer and technical support."

Just tell me about different products, not update to new version.

And when you release Splash BD?
When does it support rmvb?
Thanks.

Helios
Mirillis Team

Re: What's your update policy

Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:41 am

Hi isaiah,

Splash PRO and Splash PRO Export are different products, so the policy is the same as upgrading from version 1 to version 2. When new products are released we'll prepare attractive upgrade offer for each product.
Updates are for free.
Exact date of Splash BD release is not known yet.

regards,

isaiah

Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:40 pm

Helios wrote:Hi isaiah,

Splash PRO and Splash PRO Export are different products, so the policy is the same as upgrading from version 1 to version 2. When new products are released we'll prepare attractive upgrade offer for each product.
Updates are for free.
Exact date of Splash BD release is not known yet.

regards,
Hi,
I don't mean upgrade between different products.
I mean major upgrades in the same product.
ex: splash BD v1->v2---------> the future version
You said, "Updates are for free."
So is it lifetime update for free surely?

Thanks.

Nielo TM
Expert User
PC Specification: E8200 -ATI 5450/5770 - Windows 7 (x64)

Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:14 am

All companies provide updates to their software free of charge. However, newer versions of the software are not updates (improvements) therefore can't be provided free of charge.

For an example Splash Pro v1.1, 1.2. 1.3 etc. will be free to the end-user because the update improve the initial version. But Splash Pro 2.0 will not be as it's a completely new program with new set of features. Upgrade will allow users to only pay for the new features and not the core.

Ghost
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: dozens...

Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:10 pm

It is exactly as Nielo TM wrote. Thanks.
Mirillis Team Member

Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis
Mirillis News Feed:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/mirillisfeed

Bionic
PC Specification: windows7 x64

Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:40 pm

i would like to thank you for "splash pro" great player.

& some feedback =)
your purchase page is somewhat twisted, there's nothing that states clearly about mirillis upgrade policy.
it clearly says "Splash PRO - Lifetime license" admittingly i to fell for this & it's confusing.

however i did make a purchase (i also read this thread before i did) i don't mind subscriptions as long there is development & you to must have food on the table.

regardless, mirillis could have saved me a whole lot of time, instead having me looking up mirillis trustworthyness,activities,searching your website for such policy etc, finally to end up in this forum thread to find my answers, please be more clear gents cause leaving this out makes no sense.

you have great player and a happy forum community, why not make the best out of it "your upgrade policys incl"

perhaps charge a little more & make it lifetime upgradeable "major versions incl" or keep subs but then be more clear,
maybe squeeze all theese versions planned to 3 instead of 7, as a buyer it generates nothing but much confusion looking at theese charts, surely not many will buy more than one player nore install several players for all theese purposes.

of what i understand it all seems new & much in development and i wish you all the best

for now i will enjoy splash pro, it fits my purposes very well.

btw, i had problems with fileassociations & when adding presets, audioboost is nulled on restart "1.1.0.0" (windows7 x64)

Ghost
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: dozens...

Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:25 pm

Bionic wrote:i would like to thank you for "splash pro" great player.

& some feedback =)
your purchase page is somewhat twisted, there's nothing that states clearly about mirillis upgrade policy.
it clearly says "Splash PRO - Lifetime license" admittingly i to fell for this & it's confusing.

however i did make a purchase (i also read this thread before i did) i don't mind subscriptions as long there is development & you to must have food on the table.

regardless, mirillis could have saved me a whole lot of time, instead having me looking up mirillis trustworthyness,activities,searching your website for such policy etc, finally to end up in this forum thread to find my answers, please be more clear gents cause leaving this out makes no sense.

you have great player and a happy forum community, why not make the best out of it "your upgrade policys incl"

perhaps charge a little more & make it lifetime upgradeable "major versions incl" or keep subs but then be more clear,
maybe squeeze all theese versions planned to 3 instead of 7, as a buyer it generates nothing but much confusion looking at theese charts, surely not many will buy more than one player nore install several players for all theese purposes.

of what i understand it all seems new & much in development and i wish you all the best

for now i will enjoy splash pro, it fits my purposes very well.

btw, i had problems with fileassociations & when adding presets, audioboost is nulled on restart "1.1.0.0" (windows7 x64)
Hi, thank you for your feedback.
The audioboost preset problem should be fixed with latest PRO versions.

We made some changes to our website and removed "lifetime license" as this
was confusing. Thank you and all other users for a feedback. We added on website some more info soon about updates/upgrades policy to make it more clear. We also plan to introduce further improvements on website to make it more clear.
Mirillis Team Member

Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis
Mirillis News Feed:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/mirillisfeed

Return to “General Topics”