johnnified
PC Specification: Intel i7 4790K, R9 290x 4GB, Win10 64bit

Audio Balance frustration

Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:35 am

I understand this is useful for some people in terms of certain recordings, but I would like an option to disable balance and it let it record my system audio to the full volume it can along with my microphone to the volume possible. It is a bit frustrating because you sacrifice audio from both having at 50/50 just so you can have both. Not only that there is the option of:

It doesn't do that at all, my microphone doesn't go into its own track because it is too busy sharing the audio balance.

Piotr
PC Specification: i7-6700, 16GB RAM, GTX 1070

Re: Audio Balance frustration

Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:07 am

Audio balance does not affect maximum volume. When audio balance is set to 50%/50% then speakers volume and microphone volume won't be changed at all.
What you should know about "Record microphone into separated audio track" feature is that it creates an additional audio track in your video file. It does not create any additional file. While you are playing back your video file you will hear only one audio path at time. To switch between active audio track please press "A".
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

johnnified
PC Specification: Intel i7 4790K, R9 290x 4GB, Win10 64bit

Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:26 pm

Piotr wrote:Audio balance does not affect maximum volume. When audio balance is set to 50%/50% then speakers volume and microphone volume won't be changed at all.
What you should know about "Record microphone into separated audio track" feature is that it creates an additional audio track in your video file. It does not create any additional file. While you are playing back your video file you will hear only one audio path at time. To switch between active audio track please press "A".
The problem is that it is Sharing audio while recording. If I have the balance to 100% system sounds and 0% microphone, I hear my recorded game perfectly, but my microphone is missing. When I put it at 100% Microphone and 0% System sounds my microphone is recorded, but the audio from my game is absent. This feature needs to be removed and just record microphone into a separate audio track (within the video file as you stated) along with full function of the system sounds "as is" while recording.

Makenshi
PC Specification: i7 7740x GTX1070 windows 10 64bit

Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:14 am

The problem is that it is Sharing audio while recording. If I have the balance to 100% system sounds and 0% microphone, I hear my recorded game perfectly, but my microphone is missing. When I put it at 100% Microphone and 0% System sounds my microphone is recorded, but the audio from my game is absent. This feature needs to be removed and just record microphone into a separate audio track (within the video file as you stated) along with full function of the system sounds "as is" while recording.
Could not agree more with this. It seems Action is trying to be more complicated then it can handle.

Press record > save two files.

I have a problem where my mic levels are close to non existent... No matter how I move levels both in windows and Action, game sounds are fine and mic is like a whisper at the back of a busy room....

amor5
PC Specification: windows 8

Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:39 am

johnnified wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:26 pm
Piotr wrote:Audio balance does not affect maximum volume. When audio balance is set to 50%/50% then speakers volume and microphone volume won't be changed at all.
totally agree. it should be fixed

Return to “General Topics”