elisejoy
PC Specification: Windows 10

Game Crashing

Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:05 am

Every time I try to record gameplay on the Sims 4 using Action!, My game crashes. Both programs run fine together but when i try to record The Sims 4 crashes. I have already contacted EA (sims 4) and they have helped me so far with what they could do so now i am assuming it is a problem with Action.
If anyone has any advice or directions on how to fix this problem i would much appreciate it! Thanks

My details:
Video Card: Intel HD graphics 620 intergrated graphics card
Memory: 117GB (10.3GB free)
Monitor Resolution: 1080p
Video Editor: Wondershare Filmora
Game Problem: Sims 4
Video Type: AVI

Piotr
PC Specification: i7-6700, 16GB RAM, GTX 1070

Re: Game Crashing

Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:56 am

Please report your issue to our technical support via support@mirillis.com
They will investigate the issue.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

matthewwade
PC Specification: window 8

Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:31 am

Since you appear to have wiped out any conceivable programming issues, you will need to begin taking a gander at equipment. How dusty is the case? Give blowing a shot the CPU, GPU and case fans with compacted air, as trapped dust can make them overheat.

PhilipNewbold
PC Specification: intel i5, NVIDIA, Windows 7

Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:25 pm

elisejoy wrote:
Every time I try to record gameplay on the Sims 4 using Action!, My game crashes. Both programs run fine together but when i try to record The Sims 4 crashes. I have already contacted EA (sims 4) and they have helped me so far with what they could do so now i am assuming it is a problem with Action.
If anyone has any advice or directions on how to fix this problem i would much appreciate it! Thanks

My details:
you may run into issues of crashing because of low memory (RAM).

Deltamagita
PC Specification: windows 7

Game Crashing

Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:06 pm

Since this is a mod issue, you need to post in the appropriate thread in the Scripting and Modding forum where you got the script. The Tech Support forum is for dealing with issues in the unmodded game only. Good luck.

MatthewJackson
PC Specification: 11

Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:08 pm

Deltamagitas wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2465 2:26 am
Since this is a mod issue, you need to post in the appropriate thread in the Scripting and Modding forum where you got the script. The Tech Support forum is for dealing with issues in the unmodded game only. Good luck.

Games usually crash due to outdated graphics drivers, corrupted game files , or trying to run on a system that does not meet minimum system

MatthewJackson
PC Specification: 11

Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:51 pm

PhilipNewbolds wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2462 12:45 pm
elissejoy wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2449 8:55 am

My details:
you may run into issues of crashing because of low memory (RAM).
The first thing that you should try when the computer keeps crashing while playing games is restarting the PC. Whether the problem is caused by high CPU usage

LenaClayton12
PC Specification: i3 10105F h410 gtx1650

Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:14 am

elisejoy wrote:

My details:
Here are a few things you could try to resolve the issue:

Make sure your graphics card drivers are up to date. Outdated drivers can sometimes cause issues with video recording software. You can check for and download the latest drivers from the Intel website.

Try running The Sims 4 in windowed mode instead of full screen mode. This can sometimes help with compatibility issues between games and recording software.

Lower the graphics settings in The Sims 4. Recording gameplay can be demanding on your system, so lowering the graphics settings can help reduce the strain on your computer and prevent crashes.

Try using a different video recording software. There are several free and paid options available, so you may want to try a few to see which one works best for you.

Check your computer's hardware specifications to make sure it meets the minimum requirements for running The Sims 4 and Action!. If your system does not meet the minimum requirements, it may struggle to run both programs at the same time.

Shade88
PC Specification: CPU: Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM

Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:07 pm

I have the exact same error. The tips from the topic did not help. Can anyone help me solve it?

leo41
PC Specification: Intel Core i7-12700K, NVIDIA GeForce RTX

Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:49 am

Here are some troubleshooting steps to try for resolving crashes when recording The Sims 4 gameplay with Action!:

- Update graphics drivers - An outdated GPU driver can cause crashing. Get the latest driver from the Intel or Nvidia/AMD website.

- Adjust Action! settings - Try disabling GPU acceleration or reducing capture resolution/fps if using a low end integrated GPU.

- Change output format - Switch to a less intensive recording format like MP4 instead of AVI.

- Update Windows and Sims 4 - Install the latest Windows updates and Sims 4 patches to fix any known issues.

- Close other programs - Only run Action! and Sims 4 while recording to free up RAM and resources.

- Add page file - Increase Windows virtual memory/page file size to supplement limited RAM.

- Reinstall Action - Do a clean reinstall of Action! in case files got corrupted.

- Run compatibility mode - Set Action! and Sims 4 to run in Windows 8 or 7 compatibility mode.

- Adjust Sims graphics - Lower in-game video settings to reduce strain during recording.

- Contact Action support - They may have fixes specific to Sims 4 crashes not listed here.

Take it step-by-step to isolate the problem. Optimizing system resources and minimizing strain on your integrated graphics should help resolve the crashing. Let me know if any of those tips help or if you need any clarification!

Return to “General Topics”