zendx
PC Specification: I5-3570K, GTX 760, Windows 7 Pro X64

Monflo connection problem

Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:52 pm

Hi.

I am trying to access remote pc server from remote pc client :)
In monflo cllient i have a one server with "Ready to connect" status. But, when trying to connect, i got a "Connection timeout" error.
Should there be a server and client on the same broadcast network?
This is not specified in the FAQ.

imi
PC Specification: i5 win10

Re: Monflo connection problem

Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:35 am

I have the same problem.
I try to connect fom another pc, from another network.
After login I can see the server, then start connecting, in the background I can see already connected, after some waiting connection timeout.
But from my mobile with mobile network I can connect.
Should any port be opened?

milopeng
PC Specification: i5-5200U, Intel G 5500, Win 10 x64

Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:58 am

Same problem here, can't find solution in their FAQ, emailed their support but no response.
Perhaps no luck getting response for free version users.

Puck
PC Specification: HP OmenX17t; Win10 ; i7 ; Nvida GTX 1080

Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:53 pm

Tested Monflo from home and it worked fine. I was very pleased with the results on my LAN.

I then went to my office to try it and I am unable to connect due to a "connection time out" error.
I also see in the background where it appears to connect and then reports already connected as "imi" has posted.

I have a 150/50 mb/s connection at home and a 30/30 mb/s connection at my office. I can stream 4k UHD content at both locations with no issues. Bandwidth is not the issue. Why am I getting this error? This does not give me confidence in the product.

If I had gotten an error about it being an issue with the NAT or firewall then I might be tempted to upgrade but just getting a connection time out error does not make me feel like upgrading would solve anything.

Piotr
PC Specification: i7-6700, 16GB RAM, GTX 1070

Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:13 am

Puck wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:53 pm
Tested Monflo from home and it worked fine. I was very pleased with the results on my LAN.

I then went to my office to try it and I am unable to connect due to a "connection time out" error.
I also see in the background where it appears to connect and then reports already connected as "imi" has posted.

I have a 150/50 mb/s connection at home and a 30/30 mb/s connection at my office. I can stream 4k UHD content at both locations with no issues. Bandwidth is not the issue. Why am I getting this error? This does not give me confidence in the product.

If I had gotten an error about it being an issue with the NAT or firewall then I might be tempted to upgrade but just getting a connection time out error does not make me feel like upgrading would solve anything.
It looks like it is a problem with double NAT or maybe your office PC is behind proxy.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

Puck

Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:52 pm

There is only a single Router NAT on each end as is with most internet setups at office and home situations. Your internet provider gives you a router and it has a NAT so that your devices don't need to be assigned their own specific IP addresses.

I have done port forwarding in the past to overcome issues like this if this is indeed the problem. Can you provide any details on what needs to occur for port forwarding to solve this issue? What port numbers does Monflo use for its services?

Puck

Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:25 pm

Also I am responsible for the network in both locations. No proxy exists at either location and there is no double NAT at either location.

LOCOLAPTOP
PC Specification: 5930k, GTX 1080, Windows 10

Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:21 pm

Puck wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:52 pm
There is only a single Router NAT on each end as is with most internet setups at office and home situations. Your internet provider gives you a router and it has a NAT so that your devices don't need to be assigned their own specific IP addresses.

I have done port forwarding in the past to overcome issues like this if this is indeed the problem. Can you provide any details on what needs to occur for port forwarding to solve this issue? What port numbers does Monflo use for its services?
Glad I'm not the only one with the same exact problem looking for answers.

At home I have a PFsense box and at work we have a Peplink. Both I have access to both routers and can make the changes needed (part of being a systems/network admin.)

Doing a "Netstat -anbo" it gives me Ports: 67, 500, 50008 and 50010

The problem is these port changes too.

So far the only solution I have found is to VPN to my house and then use the program. But honestly I shouldn't have to.

Satousp
PC Specification: i5 8600k BOX, MSI 1080 Gaming X, WIN 10

Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:57 pm

zendx wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:52 pm
Hi.

I am trying to access remote pc server from remote pc client :)
In monflo cllient i have a one server with "Ready to connect" status. But, when trying to connect, i got a "Connection timeout" error.
Should there be a server and client on the same broadcast network?
This is not specified in the FAQ.
Same happen to me. It worked fine testing it with server/client at home, but can´t connect from different places. Any solutions?

zendx
PC Specification: I5-3570K, GTX 760, Windows 7 Pro X64

Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:35 pm

So, one year later, there is still no solution?

Return to “General Topics”