dark123321
PC Specification: i7

Re: Monflo connection problem

Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:32 pm

I am also having this issue. However, it worked fine until I purchased a new router (EdgeRouter ERX). I think there may be some kind of passthrough that needs to be implemented.

Graupunkt
PC Specification: WIn10 1909

Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:48 pm

Hi,

I just want to add my solution as I have found this topic with no results, too. So i tried some stuff and it was an DNS issue.

my setup
- 3 local PCs in the same network
- behind a firewall (nat)

PC A
- DNS set to Router/Firewall

PC B
- DNS set to internal DNS

PC C
- DNS set to internal DNS

Checklist
- Can't control A from B
- Can't control A from C
- Can't Contro B from A
- Can't Contro C from A

- can control from B to C
- can control from C to B

So everything where PC A was involved couldn't make a "local" connection. Tried several stuff like disabling firewall or reinstalling, enabling windows script host again, ... until i changed the dns from Router to internal dns. I have a setup here where the Router can not resolve Hosts that are registered in my dedicated dns server. Just check if "nslookup hostname" and "nslookup ip-address" gives a proper return.

I guess MonFlo checks for a local connection and tries to resolve it, but fails in this special case. Another hint might be: "direct connection" was displayed on all connection attempts. I haven't checked the network stack and how monflo tries to determine and connect to local pcs, maybe someone with much time can analyze wireshark traffic or a dev gives response to us, to clarify or confirm my guess.

kind regards

Panda
PC Specification: 10

Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:46 pm

dark123321 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:32 pm
I am also having this issue. However, it worked fine until I purchased a new router (EdgeRouter ERX). I think there may be some kind of passthrough that needs to be implemented.

It's not about the transition, but in the router itself. Try to identify the reasons, and if you can, buy another option.

Return to “General Topics”