Vellinious
PC Specification: 3770k, 670 FTW in SLI, Windows 7

Desktop Shortcut issues

Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:30 pm

So, I hate having shortcuts on my desktop. But, anytime I remove the shortcut from my desktop, I end up with this ugly, generic windows icon for Action!. I think it's ridiculous that it puts it out there on install anyway.

Fix?

See the ugly icon on the taskbar? Yeah....that's Action!....

Vellinious

Re: Desktop Shortcut issues

Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:45 pm

Nothing? Admin? Tech desk?

MeisterMonty
PC Specification: Win 8.1, AMD FX 8350, GTX550ti,8GB RAM

Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:43 am

you can directly grab the action.exe from the installation folder, the icon you can (can't) see is in the desktop link.
If you delete this link the icon is away too.

Vellinious

Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:52 pm

I moved the shortcut to the program folder and it still disappeared. The only way the icon stays is if it's on the desktop. Why is it every other program in existence has the correct icon without having to have a shortcut on the desktop?

AnubisAkaLee
PC Specification: Intel i7 4770k, nVidia 770, Windows 8x64

Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:05 pm

I can't tell for sure based on your information, as you didn't really provide any, but I am betting you have pinned Action! to your taskbar (aka right click the application and select pin to taskbar) so that it shows up even when Action! is closed. In this picture you provided it has a box around it meaning the application is launched, so I can't be certain that is what you did. If you pinned it using the icon FROM your desktop and then delete it, then duh you lose the icon. The fact the moving or deleting the icon supports this guess to be your issue. Unpin the application that you have on your taskbar now (right click what is in your taskbar now and select unpin) and pin it from the actual executable in your installation directory or from your start menu. If that's not it, you may want to add more information.

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”