ravenrum
PC Specification: i5 9600, RTX 2060, Windows 10 64bit

Can't Uninstall Action! for Reinstallation

Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:20 am

So I've been running into issues with Action and was gonna attempt to do a reinstall to try and fix them but apparently there isn't an uninstall.exe in the program folder for Action.

The issues I've been having include the timeshift feature not working for some games with it only producing these tmp files. Last night I tried to record gameplay of Nioh and not only was timeshift not working but when I tried to do a manual recording the outputed mp4 file contained nothing and had a size of 0 bytes.

Action has been a pretty great program for me the past few years since it doesn't have the same issues as shadowplay so I would love to be able to fix this. I can only think the cause of why there isn't a uninstall.exe is because the last update failed at some point and prevented me from being able to initiate it again since it says I'm up to date.

However the timeshift issue was a thing I was dealing with even before the last update.

Any help would be appreciated.

Piotr
PC Specification: i7-6700, 16GB RAM, GTX 1070

Re: Can't Uninstall Action! for Reinstallation

Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:58 am

You can just download the installer from our website and install Action! without uninstalling it first.
Does the problem with recording occur only in this game?
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

ravenrum
PC Specification: i5 9600, RTX 2060, Windows 10 64bit

Re: Can't Uninstall Action! for Reinstallation

Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:13 am

Oh I didn't know you could just reinstall it like that, thanks. The only other game I've had this happen with was Final Fantasy 14 but that was a year ago. I did come up with a work around for recording Nioh by doing a screen recording instead of a game recording but hopefully doing a reinstall will fix my issues.

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”