SLAX
PC Specification: Ryzen 5 2600X, 1070, Windows 11

The record freezes, but the game does not freeze

Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:49 pm

Hello everyone
I bought Action on steam. and recently noticed a serious problem
When I record a game, everything is fine in the game, the fps is above 60, everything is very smooth, but the recording is unpleasant to the eye, it is very unsmooth
I have a nvidia 1070, and if I record the same thing using geforce experience, then everything is fine, and the game and recording are smooth
Also, the recording sometimes just gets stuck for a few frames, although this was not during the recording.

I tried different formats, different players, different programs for editing, different disks for saving the recording, tried to change all kinds of Action settings, different bitrate, different hardware acceleration, nothing helps

I also noticed that the recording file has a strange fps (I tried VFR and CFR )
For example, in a game, I clearly have more than 60fps, but the file has a different fps (usually ~ 40fps) Files from geforce experience always have 60 fps
I tried every possible fps setting in action (from 15 to 360), but the recording is still always not smooth

Guys help me please
Thank you

Piotr
PC Specification: i7-6700, 16GB RAM, GTX 1070

Re: The record freezes, but the game does not freeze

Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:55 am

What game does this issue occur in?
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

SLAX
PC Specification: Ryzen 5 2600X, 1070, Windows 11

Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:22 pm

Piotr wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:55 am
What game does this issue occur in?
I have checked several other games and every game has strange FPS entries
Empirically, I found out that it is the strange fps values ​​that create unsmoothness and frame drops
If I indicated that I need to record at 60 fps and the recording really has 60 fps, then the video is smooth
But if it has for example 42.36 fps(Even with cfr), then the recording seems to be not smooth

If you open the video in a video editor (Premier Pro in my case) and go through it frame by frame, you will see that some frames are repeated
For example: frame 2 to 3 is normal, but frame 3 to 4 is the same as frame 2 to 3, and one frame may repeat more than once
Because of this, the brain sees jerkiness in the final video and it is uncomfortable to watch such a video.

I tried Bandicam in the same conditions, there is no drop frame

Bemo
PC Specification: Ryzen 3600, MSI 2070 Super, Win 10

Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:14 pm

Just want to chime in and say I have had the same issue for a bit now. It's not every time I record but it does happen with the freezing. It happens for a few frames and the thing is the audio keeps recording it's just the picture is like it gets stuck for a few frames. It isn't related to just one game either as I have had it happen on multiple games and it seems to happen when like the other user posted that the frame rate on the properties of the finished recording isn't 60.0 it's a weird number like 58.73 for example.

bshadowsgaming
PC Specification: Ryzen 9

Thu May 05, 2022 10:11 pm

Same issue, latest update and none of my video have saved, wasted hours of gameplay that didn't save or render, Action just freezes and never recovers.

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”