I do not know if the problem is with Action!4 itself, or with OBS or drivers etc..
But I ask here and hope someone knows how I can fix it.
In the last days I found out why Action!4 crashes. It has a part to do with my hardware setup so I'll list the configuration below.
My computer consists of the following setup (below in detail):
1. GPU AMD 6900XT (For the game and the stream)
2. GPU NVIDIA 3050 (For NVIDIA Broadcast Software)
3. Logitech C920 Webcam
4. GHUB Software
5. NVIDIA Broadcast Software
Action!4 and OBS are permanently assigned to the 6900XT and only the webcam is accessed via the NVIDIA GPU.
Whereby the webcam (if it is activated) affects Action!4 so much that it crashes.
The webcam is only active in OBS because it cannot be controlled twice via the NVIDIA broadcast software, where the background is cut out, using AI. I have now started several attempts and was able to narrow it down to the "webcam".
I tried it with the latest Action!4 version, where the AMD driver itself crashed completely.
With Action!4 version 4.25 the driver remains untouched and only Action!4 crashes.
As described, I don't know exactly where this problem comes from, but I was able to isolate it somewhat with the different versions of Action!4 itself.
In the performance view of the task manager, there is a peek at 100% CPU load of 88% and Action!4 crashes.
In Action!4 itself, no webcam is active, but the HD C920 is set as the webcam and not the NVIDI broadcast.
- Windows 11
- LC Power LC-M34-UWQHD-144-C-V2
- MSI MEG B550 Unity-X
- Ryzen 9 5950x
- 32 GB DDR 4 RAM Crucial Ballistix 3200 @3900 MHz Stable
- be quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 Netzteil 1200W
- Samsung 980 PRO 1 TB PCIe 4.0
- Corsair Force MP510 240 GB M.2
- Logitech C920 Webcam
- Behringer UMC202HD U-Phoria
- Sapphire RX6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
- NVIDIA 3050