StarGreen
PC Specification: Win7 x64/i7 920D/12GB RAM/GTX 670 FTW

[REQUEST] Push to Talk for Audio Recording

Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:52 pm

Hey Team,

Just a quick request to ask for another option for sound recording in all modes (desktop/game/frame). I'd like to be able to set Action! to record my microphone as I HOLD a key, rather than what it currently does - start recording on one hit and end on another. Sometimes this makes my microphone input get missed during gameplay recordings with friends on TeamSpeak/Ventrillo.

Thanks!

radi
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: i7-3610QM, 8GB RAM, GTX 660M

Re: [REQUEST] Push to Talk for Audio Recording

Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:05 am

The feature you are requesting is called Record on button down and it works exactly like you said. When you hold down your button it's recording, when you release the button it stops.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

StarGreen

Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:41 pm

If this is the case, it means that Action! suffers from a significant delay in beginning and ending its recording on button down. Fraps has the same feature and works flawlessly with push to talk, so I dont think Im mis-using the option.

StarGreen

Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:09 pm

Action! 1.10 still suffers from this dreadful delay on Push to talk microphone recording, means usually alot of conversation is missed from the recording.

BOMBPHONICS
PC Specification: 2700k,gtx 690, windows 7 64 bit

Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:17 pm

I would also like to be able to assign record on key down to left-alt as I use this for push to talk in team speak. I have two boys 8 and 3, so a function that would match my existing push to talk key is pretty much a necessity. As a paying customer this is certainly not too much to ask. All we need is complete freedom in key binds. Continue to be the best video recording program around and make this happen, as well as fixing the key down recording lag.

Arsb3llicA
PC Specification: i5 2500K, 2x GTX460 SLI, Windows 8 x64

Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:34 am

The "Record on button down" aka push to talk feature works but is extremely delayed. I just created a post about this issue but it isn't being displayed for some reason.

I made a recording to test the delay with the "Record on button down" feature by saying the following, "Microphone test 1", "Microphone test 2", and so on...up to 7. The phrases were spoken at a normal conversational pace with a very slight pause in between. My mic only started recording at "Microphone test 6". At this point I consider this feature to be entirely broken.

I'm a recent buyer of this software and as with other buyers in this thread I consider the push to talk feature to be a necessity. Hopefully someone who works with Mirillis can comment on the expected fix date (if they're even working on a fix). I would like to say that besides this issue Action is the best recording program I've used (I previously used Dxtory, MSI Afterburner, and Fraps).

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”