Oll1
PC Specification: i7-920, GTX260, Win8x64

Re: Mirillis1.7 no work (windows8)

Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:24 pm

1)
I'm having exact the same problems as described above. After 1.7 you can't save to the default-action video folder. I've played a bit with the save-pathes and it seems that Action! cannot save anything on your %SystemDrive% (e.g. C:\). When i change it to "E:\" it works again.

2)
If you select the recording mode "Active desktop region" and activate "Snap to windows" and select the Context-window (Rightclick-menu), then try to make a Screenshot with the "Capture Screenshot" Button, the result-screenshot shows your desktopwallpaper but not that window. If you use your Action-Take-Screenshot-Hotkey (e.g. F12) instead of the "Capture Screenshot"-Button from the recording-menu, then you have a perfect screenshot of the selected region as is should be.

3)
If you have a Multimonitor-Setup and set the Screenshot Area in the "Capture Screenshots" Optionwindow to "Desktop 2" instead of "Entire desktop", close the app and open it again (of course with adminrights!) the setting is resettet to its default-state "Entire Desktop". Even if you change the value in RegEdit ("ScreenshotsAreaId" from "0" to "1" or "2"), Action resets the Value to "0" after each restart.

Tested on Windows 8 x64 ReleasePreview. I know this is a early beta-OS, but if you want to support the "world's best Windows 8 screen recording performance" you should make it work before announcing it on Facebook or any other Site.

ObserverJLin
PC Specification: Win 7 64Bit, i7 3930K, EVGA 670 FTW SLI

Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:54 am

看不懂英文啊?它要你选一个储存地址。你现在用的储存地址不存在了。

a007829
PC Specification: windows8

Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:57 am

换了位置也这样的。 :oops:

Ghost
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: dozens...

Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:40 am

Oll1 wrote:1)
I'm having exact the same problems as described above. After 1.7 you can't save to the default-action video folder. I've played a bit with the save-pathes and it seems that Action! cannot save anything on your %SystemDrive% (e.g. C:\). When i change it to "E:\" it works again.

2)
If you select the recording mode "Active desktop region" and activate "Snap to windows" and select the Context-window (Rightclick-menu), then try to make a Screenshot with the "Capture Screenshot" Button, the result-screenshot shows your desktopwallpaper but not that window. If you use your Action-Take-Screenshot-Hotkey (e.g. F12) instead of the "Capture Screenshot"-Button from the recording-menu, then you have a perfect screenshot of the selected region as is should be.

3)
If you have a Multimonitor-Setup and set the Screenshot Area in the "Capture Screenshots" Optionwindow to "Desktop 2" instead of "Entire desktop", close the app and open it again (of course with adminrights!) the setting is resettet to its default-state "Entire Desktop". Even if you change the value in RegEdit ("ScreenshotsAreaId" from "0" to "1" or "2"), Action resets the Value to "0" after each restart.

Tested on Windows 8 x64 ReleasePreview. I know this is a early beta-OS, but if you want to support the "world's best Windows 8 screen recording performance" you should make it work before announcing it on Facebook or any other Site.
Hi, and thank you for your feedback.
1) Win8 does not allow Action! to save desktop recordings to this folder with current Windows 8 build.
We are monitoring the situation and hope it will work fine with release version, but currently it is required to change
folder.

2) Context-window hides when you left click outside this window. Capture Screenshot button is located outside the context window and when you click it first context-window hides and then Action! makes a screenshot. This is the same for Windows Vista and 7. We will check if we can improve it.

3) This setting is not saved on all Windows systems. I will check if we can store this setting.
Mirillis Team Member

Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis
Mirillis News Feed:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/mirillisfeed

zero68
PC Specification: Win7, Win8, HD78xx, i5

Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:18 am

Oll1 wrote: Tested on Windows 8 x64 ReleasePreview. I know this is a early beta-OS, but if you want to support the "world's best Windows 8 screen recording performance" you should make it work before announcing it on Facebook or any other Site.
Same version of Win8 here. Im not sure what did you mean coz everything works fine here.
Recordings are perfect smooth in 60p, and cpu usage is very low.

Oll1
PC Specification: i7-920, GTX260, Win8x64

Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:02 pm

zero68 wrote:
Oll1 wrote: Tested on Windows 8 x64 ReleasePreview. I know this is a early beta-OS, but if you want to support the "world's best Windows 8 screen recording performance" you should make it work before announcing it on Facebook or any other Site.
Same version of Win8 here. Im not sure what did you mean coz everything works fine here.
Recordings are perfect smooth in 60p, and cpu usage is very low.
You have a Multimonitor-Setup and Action saves your "Screenshot Area"-Settings even after a Action restart ?
And you can save your Screenrecodings to "%userprofile%\Videos\Action!" ?

Plese tell me how you did it!

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”