WujekRada
PC Specification: i5 2500k gtx580 win 7 64 bites

3 licences or single user

Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:50 pm

Hi ! me and my 2 freinds want to buy Action! When we bought a 3 licences for $43.95 we got 3 other serial numbers or one ,but we can install it 3 times? Sorry for bad English.

radi
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: i7-3610QM, 8GB RAM, GTX 660M

Re: 3 licences or single user

Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:56 pm

Multi-licensing is allowed only for the users of the same household. If you are installing it in three different computers in three different places you are violating the End User License Agreement and your activation key can be blacklisted.

Here's a quote from the EULA:
2.2.2 Multi License
You may install, activate and use the Software on a number of computers up to the purchased
number of licenses at the same time using the same serial number. You may not run the
Software on more computers than the purchased number of licenses at the same time using the
same serial number. Multi license is intended for a single company (with commercial license),
single user or members of the same household.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

random.monster1981
PC Specification: Phenom II 940 BE, HD 6950, Win7X64

Re: 3 licences or single user

Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:09 pm

radi wrote:Multi-licensing is allowed only for the users of the same household. If you are installing it in three different computers in three different places you are violating the End User License Agreement and your activation key can be blacklisted.
That's one reason I'm not buying until it changes, right now I'm using MSI Afterburner and I'm happy to use that until the policy about multiple licences is changed to allow a 3 licence purchase to be shared between friends.

All you guys would need to do is add an option to enter 3 email addresses for each 3x licence purchase, A good example would be...

Friend A: wants to buy a 3 licence pack for him and friend B and friend C.
Friend A makes the purchase while friend B and friend C gives Friend A their email addresses.
Friend A enters the email addresses so that one email address is activated for Friend A, While a second licence would be registered to Friend B, Friend C would get the final licence.

You are putting potential customers off by imposing that restriction to be honest.

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”