AlanDavison
PC Specification: Intel i5, NVIDIA GTX580, Windows 7

Action! Audio Extract

Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:03 pm

Action! Audio Extract
A teeny tiny little batch file by yours truly
License: GNU GPL 2.0

This tool is something I made for my own personal use, but having noticed that many users of Action! have complaints about not being able to use Action!'s ability to record the microphone input into a separate audio stream with Premiere Pro or other video editors, I thought it would be nice to share it here.

The tool uses ffmpeg to extract both audio streams to a .wav file each. Simple, and it still allows you the convenience of using Action! to record your mic input. All you need to do is to drag Action!'s .avi recording onto aae.bat, and the two .wav files will be created in the directory containing the original video files.

Assumptions

I'm going to assume you're comfortable enough with Windows to manage files, and have an archiving tool such as 7-zip that you're capable of using to extract files from archives.

Installation instructions
  • Download AAE from the download section at the end of the post. (If you don't trust me to provide an ffmpeg binary, feel free to download the archive without it and locate one yourself)
Usage instructions

Video here!
To use this tool, all you need to do is drag your raw Action! recording onto aae.bat. If you prefer to do it the command-line way, the batch file simply accepts one argument: the file path. The resultant .wav files will be created in the same directory the recordings are in.

Downloads
Please, if you have a program that can extract 7-zip files, download the 7z versions. I technically have limited bandwidth, and the .7z files are smaller.

Changelog

05/06/2013
Updated so that the user shouldn't need to edit the batch file at all. Oversight due to my unfamiliarity with batch files, I'm afraid! Should be completely automatic, now. Extract and use.

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”