blueskyy
PC Specification: Windows 7 Pro

Maximum Recording Time

Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:56 am

I have tried using the trial version of Mirillis Action. While it works great for short recordings, long recordings of over 8 hours always fail. I wanted to use Mirillis Action to record some live streaming while I'm not at home. Without me there constantly to push the start and stop button, it is pretty much useless (pardon me for my bluntness) for automated recording jobs. Is it possible to automatically split the saved file as it records, or save the recordings at 2 hours intervals, so as to simulate the user manually starting and stopping the recordings?

Further, is there a rough guideline on the maximum recording time, ie how long I can leave Mirillis Action running unattended? Or any command-line way of interacting with a running instance of Mirillis Action?

radi
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: i7-3610QM, 8GB RAM, GTX 660M

Re: Maximum Recording Time

Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:00 pm

As far as I know our lab guys were creating videos that lasted 18 hours. Are you sure you have enough disk space?

You can always create an automatic move with AutoIt or something to start and stop your recording at needed time.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

blueskyy
PC Specification: Windows 7 Pro

Re: Maximum Recording Time

Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:28 am

radi wrote:As far as I know our lab guys were creating videos that lasted 18 hours. Are you sure you have enough disk space?

You can always create an automatic move with AutoIt or something to start and stop your recording at needed time.
Thanks for the response. I'm sorry I reply only now, I didn't receive any email notifications for the followups...

Yes, to answer your question, I have had enough disk space. I know recording takes space (duh). Some additional information I forgot to mention, I didn't use the "uncompressed" format (I don't remember the exact name for that now), I used the mp4 format (I think there are two options for mp4 formats).

Thank you for the AutoIt suggestion. I have tried that software many years ago, but always with (let's just say) limited success... But none of this matters now, I have decided not to record the live stream.

Keep up the good work though, Mirillis team!

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”