venom099
PC Specification: Intel i5-3570k, GTX 660, Windows 7

HUD Suggestion

Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:42 pm

This was a small HUD update suggestion that crossed my mind.

I do some video game commentary and I record using both the Video recorder (MP4 Quick Sync) and Audio recorder (set to record just my mic) so I can edit my voice separate from the game. I will hit both shortcut keys at the same time so they will automatically be in sync. As of the current HUD I can tell the video is recording when the HUD turns red, however to my knowledge there is no real way to tell if the audio is recording my mic unless I alt+tab to check Action. And of course if I alt+tab the video will stop recording my game. So basically I have to trust that it is recording both. You can imagine my fear that I will record an hour long game session and quit only to find that my mic was never recording (which hasn't happened yet thankfully).

I was thinking this might be a nice addition to the HUD where it shows the different recording icons and they will individually turn red when recording/activated. Here is a small mock-up I did, the lower showing that I would be using the video recorder and audio recorder at the same time. Hope you take it into consideration. Thanks!
Attachments
Action!.jpg
Action!.jpg (76.45 KiB) Viewed 4571 times

radi
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: i7-3610QM, 8GB RAM, GTX 660M

Re: HUD Suggestion

Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:09 am

Thank you for your suggestion. Action! HUD offers basic information about recorded footage. We are planning to expand it in future versions.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

venom099
PC Specification: Intel i5-3570k, GTX 660, Windows 7

Re: HUD Suggestion

Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:06 pm

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to the future HUD options. Hope you take this into consideration :)

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”