PC Specification: Intel i5-3570k, GTX 660, Windows 7

Renders won't work with newest Intel HD 4000 driver

Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:47 pm

Here are my specs first...

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Intel i5-3570 @ 3.40GHz
8GB DDR3 RAM
ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

Hi all. I'm actually going to split this up into two questions if you don't mind :).

Firstly the reason why I updated my Intel HD 4000 graphics driver in the first place. I do video game recording and sometimes I notice that the recording will have moments of split second stutter/pauses. This will go on for several seconds then play smoothly again. I've noticed this in recordings of Alan Wake and Tomb Raider so far. These moments might be during parts of the gameplay that are more graphics intense, I'm not too sure. I should note though that it is only the recordings that have these pauses, the game runs completely smooth when I'm playing it. Does anyone have an idea of why this would be happening? I record using the MP4 (Quick Sync Video) option.

This brings me to my subject question. I thought perhaps I should try updating my Intel HD 4000 graphics drivers and maybe that would fix it. Updating drivers to the latest (9.18.10.3165) went without problems. So I fire up Tomb Raider again and start recording through the section that I noticed the stuttering/pauses happening before. This time however when I hit the shortcut key to stop recording, my game locks up. I ctrl+alt+dlt to get to task manager and close the game. The video will not have a finished thumbnail on it and it says "Failed to open Input File" when opening from Action. Going to the destination folder shows it as being 0 bytes. I rolled back to my default driver and everything worked again. Just as a test I tried updating again but had the same results. Has anyone else had problems with this driver? Any help would be appreciated.

radi
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: i7-3610QM, 8GB RAM, GTX 660M

Re: Renders won't work with newest Intel HD 4000 driver

Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:23 pm

Thanks for reporting this issue. Our lab folks confirmed that this issue is related to newest Intel HD 4000 drivers. It seems that Action! is not a cause of this fault but the latest drivers. Other software that use IQS technology have the same problem (MediaEspresso for example). Currently the only recommended method is to switch back to previous drivers version.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”