rich.2bdigital
PC Specification: i7 2700K / 16GB / 2x GTX 680 / Win 7

MP4 issues! AVI Is fine!

Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:28 am

Hi Action Forums!

I've been a devoted customer to Mirillis Action for awhile now and love the software. I love it even more since you added the live streaming and mp4 features however this is where my problem lies.

I tried to record splinter cell black list at 720p/30fps/60fps 1920x1080 full screen and came across some heavy stuttering/jittering when viewing the capture even though the game was running smooth while playing. I am yet to test the footage in VLC but i doubt thats the problem.

I decided to run some more tests and found that if you have the game windowed instead of fullscreen with the same settings, the capture is fine. I ran even more tests and found out if I record AVI at 1920x1080 60fps full screen, the game runs smooth and the capture does too. I have has a quick look on the forums and haven't really found a definitive answer on the problem at hand so I decided to sign up to the forums but I assume this has something to do with the mp4 codec because AVI is fine, I need to check if this is the case with other games or just splinter cell.

My rig specs are as followed:

Intel Core i7 2700K 3.5GHz
16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz/PC12800
2 x Watercooled Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 2GB
Windows 7

Let me know your thoughts...

Thanks

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”