mustangmvp
PC Specification: hp phoenix windows 8, 8giga ram

Razer Kraken 7.1 and action! record game mode bug

Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:40 pm

Hi team mirrilis, I recently bought an audio headset to razer kraken 7.1, everything walked(worked) perfectly until I the test with action!.

When I throw(launch) a game(set,play), and when I return on my office to see what action(share) to record I notice that he(it) recorded no sound.

While if I just record my office(desk) with action everything works perfectly I have the sound which works...

I made out a will with my former(old) headphones and with him everything work perfectly.
The problem just comes from action in mode to record the games which does not detect suddenly any more my headphones.

With you a solution or a fix to be proposed in the next one update? Cordially
ps: sorry for my bad english

KyrenCross
PC Specification: AMD FX 8350,GTX 780,WIndows 7,Xonar D2X

Re: Razer Kraken 7.1 and action! record game mode bug

Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:36 pm

I don't know if this would help, but I've had this problem on my soundcard Asus Xonar D2X.

I fixed it by changing my Audio Channel from 8 channels to 4 channels. I can record in 6 channels, but some sound won't get capture like voice overs from cinematic cutscenes. Also check for some EAX emulation on your built in sound card that comes with the headset and disable those.
Also make sure that the sample rate of your Sound card, System sound and action are all the same to avoid sync issues.

BTW Team mirillis I still have a problem recording in 5.1/7.1 mode for I can't hear voice over audio behind me on my recording. But I can clearly hear them in-game. Does "Allow multi-channel audio recording" fix this issue? I don't have to time to test it out until the weekend, so I hope I can get an answer here Thanks ^_^.

KyrenCross
PC Specification: AMD FX 8350,GTX 780,WIndows 7,Xonar D2X

Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:53 am

OMG I fixed my sound issue on 5.1 and 7.1 surround not recording some audio in-game like dialogue and things behind me on 8 channels.
(but it can be heard in game)

I can't believe it's this simple. I just went in my recording devices, disabled everything except Mic, stereo mix and Wave.
(I also disabled everything but my Speaker on Playback Devices tab)

Then I set wave as Default, went to it's properties/Listen. and set "Playback through this device" to my Speaker Audio Device.

And Boom, it records everything I hear in-game, including dialogue. Hope this helps someone with a similar problem.

I don't know if disabling other devices or setting up wave did the trick, but I'm very happy with the result and try not to mess it up again. ^_^

Awanis
PC Specification: Windows 7, 6GB Ram, Ati Radeon HD 5700

Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:26 pm

Well i have similiar problem yet different. I bought Razer Kraken Pro 7.1 headset, Action! its recording all sounds and when im playing the video it do have sound. But when i want to render it in Vegas i cant import sound to program because Vegas studio cant handle 7.1 sound i guess. Is there an option to change sound recording to stereo instead of 5.1, 7.1 surround?

Crystalfury
PC Specification: Windows Version: 20H2

Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:59 am

Yeah but I've tried what you guys did, but it doesn't work. When I put 7.1 surround sound as my default speaker, there is NO audio. But when I use the system default speaker, it not only isn't surround sound, but doesn't have a good audio range. While I am playing the game, it is perfectly fine. I hear the game audio perfectly, but the recording doesn't.

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”