R3M4K3PL
PC Specification: Windows 7 x64

Recording Sound/Voice Separately

Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Hi there! ;)

My last issue with Action! is long fixed after the latest updates, and the program is fully working now. Best recording program out there, i have to say. Now, it's not that much of an issue i have... more of a question actually.

How do you record sound separately?

To be more exact, my voice. Not the game sound. Just my voice, which i record with my Mic. I've opened up Action!, went to ''Audio Recording'' Tab, and there was no option that would allow me to do that. Although i went to look deeper, and so i clicked the ''General Settings'' tab, then continued on to ''Audio Settings''. Now, there is an option there, that says... ''Record microphone into separate audio track (AVI)''. I enabled it. Then i recorded a video clip, about... let's say, 40 seconds long, just to test it.

The issue is, i can't seem to find the .AVI audio track, that was supposed to be recorded separately. So if anyone can answer my question...

Where is the separate .AVI audio track located?

Thanks a lot, Cheers! ;)

Claunator
PC Specification: Win 10 64-bit, i7-6700K, GTX 970

Re: Recording Sound/Voice Separately

Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:42 am

It doesn't make a seperate audio file, it's included in the video itself, and when you later open it in your video editor, it will show 2 audio tracks, 1 for game sounds and 1 for ur voice.

macula
PC Specification: i7-3770K;AMD R9 380 4GB;12RAM;Win10Home

Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:14 am

You should check out virtualdub (its free anyway) you can use it to extract any track audio from avi file it even says about this in this thread. http://forum.mirillis.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=22648

Just like guy that said above this post mirillis records two audio tracks inside avi if you enabled multi-channel audio recording and in Audio Settings > Microphone settings checked on "Record microphone into separete audio track",

you should be able even to remove second track in virtual dub by selecting which audio track to keep with video just make sure you setup video to "Direct Stream Copy" as well same with audio this will instruct virtualdub to mux without encoding.

Ellisonling
PC Specification: Windows 10

Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:02 am

When talking about recording sound/voice separately, I prefer to use Audio Capture Windows, which can not only grab streaming music live, and capture any sound playing from system sound, such as YouTube audio, FaceBook, Myspace, and more. Apart from recording audios, audio capture can save recorded music as MP3, AAC, FLAC, M4A, etc. The best favorable feature of this audio recording software is that it supports editing function meaning I can cut and trim unwanted recorded audios with one click. Obviously, everyone has his taste, you can choose wanted audio recorder by searching on Google.

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”